• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LXJET 70+ seat rates out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
These are new rates for larger aircraft in our existing contract. Nothing says that there won't be any raises IF we ever get a joint contract.

Well, it is true that if your MEC (not the pilots) wouldn't have had placed ultimatums, then there wouldn't have been an arbitrator to impose this. No crowing, just facts.

1: You're not getting it! In a joint contract we'd have NO leverage to raise your new rates. Perhaps if you give up the B fund and your precious healthcade cap, maybe.

2. Your negotiators drew a line in the sand for SmartPref. Looks like your May schedules are beginning to take the shape that BH wants. Imagine those same pairings thrown into a gobilized PBS system with no system accountability. You guys haven't even begun to see what kind of QOL nosedive you're about to endure. Our MEC knows how ASA crew planning operates and they didn't want an unproven system. The intelligent approach would have been to jointly negotiate improvements to the exsisting software whose weaknesses are already known..

You guys have NO idea what's in store for you. This isn't the L-XJET you're dealing with. They will screw you any way they can, and they spend millions on attorneys to figure out exactly how to do it.

Last edited:
Yeah, the ASA MEC FORCED you to negotiate with the company. They actually, at gunpoint FORCED you to negotiate, without the ASA MEC present. Then, they forced binding arbitration on you. Idiots. You got what you want. And now you will get what you deserve for being so naive. Unfortunately it just screwed all of us. You guys just DON'T realize it yet.

Look....I HATED the ASA dumbass "line in the sand" PBS memo. It was a stupid thing to do. But to blame it all on the ASA MEC is idiotic. How about looking at the actions of your own.

Your all such victims.

Nevets has deteriorated into a troll. Please ignore him.

Him and a couple others just simply DO NOT provide any good information useful for moving forward.

1: You're not getting it! In a joint contract we'd have NO leverage to raise your new rates. Perhaps if you give up the B fund and your precious healthcade cap, maybe.

2. Your negotiators drew a line in the sand for SmartPref. Looks like your May schedules are beginning to take the shape that BH wants. Imagine those same pairings thrown into a gobilized PBS system with no system accountability. You guys haven't even begun to see what kind of QOL nosedive you're about to endure. Our MEC knows how ASA crew planning operates and they didn't want an unproven system. The intelligent approach would have been to jointly negotiate improvements to the exsisting software whose weaknesses are already known..

You guys have NO idea what's in store for you. This isn't the L-XJET you're dealing with. They will screw you any way they can, and they spend millions on attorneys to figure out exactly how to do it.

1. I never said that getting raises was a done deal. I was just trying to explain that wanting 20% raises and this arbitration award are two separate issues. The existing rates and work rules (including this arbitration award) are the starting point for a joint contract. Now, whether it goes up or down from there is a different story that does have to do with leverage or lack thereof.

2. The XJT MEC did NOT draw a line in the sand! They agreed to third party neutral arbitration to pick the PBS vendor for us. The ASA MEC turned that down and said flight line or no merger. That was the ultimatum. The intelligent approach would have been for the ASA MEC to agree to the arbitration.

They played their hand in the best interested of you guys. I'm ok with that. It's time to move on already.

Yeah, the ASA MEC FORCED you to negotiate with the company. They actually, at gunpoint FORCED you to negotiate, without the ASA MEC present. Then, they forced binding arbitration on you. Idiots. You got what you want. And now you will get what you deserve for being so naive. Unfortunately it just screwed all of us. You guys just DON'T realize it yet.

Look....I HATED the ASA dumbass "line in the sand" PBS memo. It was a stupid thing to do. But to blame it all on the ASA MEC is idiotic. How about looking at the actions of your own.

Your all such victims.

If you read section 26 you would see that we don't have the ability NOT to negotiate. The company has always had the contractual right to invoke section 26 if they wanted to introduce a new airplane and there was NOTHING the XJT MEC could have done about that. What is is you don't get about that? The ASA MEC played hard ball with their ultimatum. That's the way they thought was best to play it. Don't come crying when the XJT MEC starts to play hard ball back. Get over it already.

My only point is that the only reason why this even went to section 26 negotiations was because the ASA MEC drew their line in the sand! Do you honestly believe the company was going to let an intransigent MEC get in the way of their business plan? They Skywest bought XJT with the intent to replace 75 of our 50 seaters with larger aircraft and add an additional 15. They negotiated this into the new CPA with CAL as part of the deal to buy XJT. Your MEC did this to us all. And I'm ok with it. You should be too.

Last edited:
So why did you even vote for section 26 anyway.....kinda a dumb move eh? So it's LASA's fault your pilot group voted that section in? You funny man....

Very happy with it. Please please please keep us seperate.

Fine by me. I don't ever see a TA being negotiated that would bring you guys up to our current contract anyway.

So why did you even vote for section 26 anyway.....kinda a dumb move eh? So it's LASA's fault your pilot group voted that section in? You funny man....

I wasn't here when that was voted in in 2004. I'm sure that that boiler plate language was a huge hinging point when people decide how to vote. Because they all knew that 9 years later (4 after the original amendment date) that some other entity would force management to use that language against us. You blame those pilots for making that decision 9 years ago with no benefit of hindsight that you have yet place absolutely no blame on the ASA MEC who is supposedly so smart that they should have seen this language and thought of the possible repercussions of their ultimatum. THEY KNEW THIS LANGUAGE EXISTED AND YET TOOK US DOWN THIS PATH!

So you see, the only reason there was an arbitration award was solely because of the ASA MEC intransigence and their flight line or no merger ultimatum. Why you fail to see the obvious is absurd.

Always manage to turn YOUR f&@$-ups in YOUR contract into a "blame the ASA MEC" drama. Ever hear of accountability for your own union's actions, regardless if you were there or not.

Always manage to turn YOUR f&@$-ups in YOUR contract into a "blame the ASA MEC" drama. Ever hear of accountability for your own union's actions, regardless if you were there or not.

You're not getting it. I'm ok with the way things have turned out so far. As far as I'm concerned, there have been no fu(k ups from our end. Just playing the cards that have been dealt with in a manner that is best for us. What I'm getting at is your complaining. If you're complaining, then go complain to your MEC for drawing their line and delivering their flight light or no merger ultimatum and forcing the company to invoke their contractual right to arbitrate for larger aircraft in order to introduce these aircraft into the CAL CPA they paid for just to continue their business plan (the whole reason Skywest bought XJT in the first place). If your MEC didn't know about section 26 and how supposedly HORRIBLE it was, then even more shame on them for fu(king their $hit up.

For me, I'm not complaining one bit. So why would I be saying anything about my MEC's actions when I've agreed with them 100%?

Last edited:
I believe your side forced the ASA side to stand firm by proposing a ridiculous globalized pbs in the first place. Makes perfect sense to me. Since you lot made the bed, now you get to sleep in it.
Don't come blaming us for something that didn't originate here to begin with.

I do hope this can be sorted out, however many LASA pilots no longer support any form of merger with the LXJET side.

Apparently we are as far apart as ever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Latest resources

Back