• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LUV Stock to continue slide

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought that observation by Dash was spot on.

Little too real for you? Feel too closely connected?

FI or not, that doesn't give you a pass on your character.

I haven't a clue how 'closely connected' one needs to be towards the bandwidth diarrhea blown on here by about 20 guys. However I'm pretty sure a couple dopey airline pilots arguing over who has the coolest house has nothing to do with Wahabist extremist. Character on this site!?! GMAFB! The parking lot at Giants Stadium b4 a game w/ Philly has more pragmatic people then this board.

Last edited:
I haven't a clue how 'closely connected' one needs to be towards the bandwidth diarrhea blown on here by about 20 guys. However I'm pretty sure a couple dopey airline pilots arguing over who has the coolest house has nothing to do with Wahabist extremist. Character on this site!?! GMAFB! The parking lot at Giants Stadium b4 a game w/ Philly has more pragmatic people then this board.

My lord you are wound tight.

My lord you are wound tight.

For questioning WTF terrorism has to do with DAL-LUV cat fighting? Look sling mud over LUV-AT-DAL all you guys want just try not to sound like complete narrow minded dolts. Oops silly me that's impossible. Too many airline pilots on here.

Last edited:
Except they didn't charge $5K to get an interview.

I gotta' ask, Fubi, just what exactly IS your obsession with SWA's type rating requirement? You mention it on nearly every friggin' thread that anyone from SWA has posted on. As if it's the ultimate put-down or something. You personally "know right from wrong," and anyone who paid for a type rating doesn't... What the hell kind of leap of logic is that? Can you really not think of any other insult than to drag out the tired old PFT schtick?

I got news for you; everyone pays something for an interview. From a coupla' hundred for an "interview suit," to that much or more for interview prep, to several thousand for an ATP rating. So what? So some guys paid several thousand more for a type because they wanted to work for SWA. Others got it free in the military or free through the GI bill. Why is that such a big deal in your mind? They consider it an investment. You paid whatever for your interview w/ Alaska (ATP rating, suit, etc.) and they paid $5000 on top of what you spent to interview with SWA. Then they made it back with interest in a couple of months' difference in SWA pay vs Alaska pay. That makes you right and them wrong? In whose book?! Fubi the Fair's book? Sounds more like sour grapes to me.

Please--think of some new material. That 12-step playbook on effective arguing on FI (listed on another thread), that you seem stuck on step 7 with, was actually a joke; it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Bubba

Gulfstream - You pay Gulfstream for your training. They make a profit off of your training. This is PFT.

Southwest - They don't care where you got your ATP or your 737 type rating or whether or not you paid for it or already had it. They make no profit off your training. They don't offer 737 type training UNLESS you end up at SWA through an acquisition (Morris or Airtran). Then they type you when you upgrade. This is not a PFT operation. But don't let the facts get in your way.

BTW, I think SWA should get rid of this requirement, now. As big as we are going to be, it will keep some good guys from applying. I predict it'll end AFTER the SLI is completed.

shootr

Whoa big fella.

The major pilots are earning about 70% less than they did in the seventies. That is a constant slide backwards. Not good. A professional is paid on their education and experience. Being tied to a company is what makes pilots different.

If you include the regional pilot flying 70 to 90 seat jets that percentage is much less. We need to stay in touch, ALWAYS, of what our profession SHOULD be paying us.

Hey Dash.........when is enough ever enough ???? is $300 per hr enough how about $500 per hr ???? once you get that then it will be .....we are so fatigued that we can only work 20 hrs month, then it will be 10 hrs a month and before you know it we will be following ALPA and demanding top dollar and demanding to work 1 hr a month because........you know we are worth it right .....WTFO

Our pay rates are market driven......ever hear of market's ????? why should the airlines pay more than they have to ????

Find something to get happy about.....if you cant make it on what we make you need a new financial adviser

Its because YOU have banged other pilots on this forum about PFT. I just point out that YOU are just as guilty of PFT as anyone.

Gulfstream - You pay Gulfstream for your training. They make a profit off of your training. This is PFT.

Southwest - They don't care where you got your ATP or your 737 type rating or whether or not you paid for it or already had it. They make no profit off your training. They don't offer 737 type training UNLESS you end up at SWA through an acquisition (Morris or Airtran). Then they type you when you upgrade. This is not a PFT operation. But don't let the facts get in your way.

BTW, I think SWA should get rid of this requirement, now. As big as we are going to be, it will keep some good guys from applying. I predict it'll end AFTER the SLI is completed.

shootr

Probably true, the type rating requirement made sense in the 80's and 90's when people might have gone to SWA just to (gasp) get a type rating and then leave to a major at first opportunity. If they already had or were willing to get their type rating before hiring, probably were in it for the long haul.
In todays market, a 737 type isn't what it was 20 years ago, and with SWA offering industry leading pay and bene's for a 737 pilot, don't see too many peeps leaving after getting trained.

Except they didn't charge $5K to get an interview.

His obsession is a result of getting out of the military, paying for the 737 type, then thinking since he was the God King, getting hired at SWA was as easy blessing the interviewers with his Presence......happily for all of us at SWA, his name got posted in the system, and all his former military "buds" who knew what a "tool" he was, flooded the Chief Pilots office with "thumbs down" he is a total "Gomer".......

The collective sigh of relief from former military "buds" was so immense, it created a High Pressure system over Dallas and caused a significant drought.

That is why he is obsessed......

Latest resources

Back