Luthi as leader

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Despite some of our differences one thing is certain:

If we all come together on one common goal during this next round of negotiations we will win the game!

The rules have changed and the ego involved is working against you this time.

As long as the union (this includes the regular members) keep the lies and half truths that management tells in the correct light- that they are lies and half truths. We must educate our fellow pilots to make sure the fear campaign they are already starting is mostly BS. I'm not saying they won't shrink the company and furlough more- I just believe they will do that either way with a good contract or with a POS. I'm low on the totem pole, but I'd much rather get furloughed and have a good job to come back to than to get a crappy contract and get furloughed anyway with plans B and C being the only reasonable options. Since the last round of furloughs I've come up with contingency plans and I've got a year of cash saved up to live on not including the furlough pay and unemployment benefits. I'm ready to go all-in to keep the job worthwhile. I hope the other junior pilots have been preparing for the worst and will be ready to rock when the time comes.

The few junior (if going on 7 years is really junior!!) pilots I know are so fed up they would easily tell Hansell to shove it. Furlough or get off the pot. But in no way will they do the job for less. If anything they should be paid more!!

The company had no problem growing from '05-'08 with the higher paying contracts,medical bennies and 401k contributions. No reason they can't grow again when the economy allows.

If a customer spends almost as much for 1 trans-con flight as an SIC's yearly salary, then I see no reason to reduce pilot pay.

I'm with JTF on this one. If they intend to furlough, the contract WILL NOT be the deciding factor. IF they furlough they intended to do it anyways... No contract has ever saved a pilot group from the end result. Luckily, alot of the junior '05-'08 hires were from the regionals. We have seen this song and dance play out and won't fall for it.

I have no vote, but anything concessionary would be a definite NO VOTE for me, even if I was the most junior on the active list.

THE NJA EMT CAN TAKE THEIR THREATS AND SHOVE IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE

have a nice day whatever office personell are assigned to reading these message boards.

Hansell would have us all working for less than the 98 Contract or even the POSTA adjusted for inflation.

He was brought here to break us. That is all

Unfortunately for him he is way to new at this aviation gig to understand that we've all seen this before... He may think he's got a good concessionary propoganda campaign going, and may be playing by the book. But we've all read the book many times before him.. He'll need to do much better...

The, "I'll cancell orders and furlough" song and dance is tired and played out.

Hansell would have us all working for less than the 98 Contract or even the POSTA adjusted for inflation.

He was brought here to break us. That is all

Hate to break this to you Lord. Look at our payscales in 2004. Adjust it for 3.5 percent inflation for 8 years.

Sick yet? We are working for LESS, than if they had done that.

This group needs educated.:(

Hate to break this to you Lord. Look at our payscales in 2004. Adjust it for 3.5 percent inflation for 8 years.

That's what I was trying to say. Thanks for helping

And everyone thought and some still think RTS was such a great guy. He's no different than JH, who is doing all in his power to run a business with profit in mind. Employees be damned. The easiest way to save is to scare the kids and reduce overhead (wages) with idle threats through concessions. The year after claiming the second highest profit in company history? Sans sales?

Next time, look beyond the new pay scales and consider the need for both longevity and COLA adjustments, not to mention other QOL issues. We need to act and think like professionals, and not just in the cockpit.

Latest resources

Back