• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
STRONGBAGS ARE MADE IN CHINA.

LUGGAGE WORKS ARE MADE IN THE USA.

SUPPORT AMERICAN JOBS!

Hey, Weasel...question for you - how much of what you use is from China? Most everything I would imagine.

Try gaining a little education about LuggageWorks...Their material, and every other bag is that they sell are made in China. They assemble them here with some with not so good hardware, and other china made parts.

Anyway, you'd only be supporting probably 2 laborers at PNT who would probably like to go hunting for gopher instead.

Weasel, I guess you believe everything you see on tv too.

Weasel?

You said they had 2 laborers. I directed you to a page which very clearly states they have 30.

Call them and ask if they do any manufacturing of their own material. I have a duffel of theirs and on the inside, it says "MADE IN CHINA"

So, because they import some items, you're suggesting that they don't manufacture anything of their own domestically? Uh-huh.

I have a Chrysler built in Mexico. Does that mean Chrysler doesn't really make anything in the US and Canada?

For a PA28 pilot, you're pretty knowledgeable.

What the hell are you talking about?

Sorry wrong guy, thought I was posting a reply for Weasel.

I've been to their factory, those pictures are old and they do not have 30 people back there. Give them a call if you don't believe me.

Maybe a little stoned, but not chinese.

manu_assembly5.jpg

Last edited:
I don't normally go around recomending one bag over another, they all seem about the same to me, that said, I just bought a Rick Steves (the guy with a PBS travel show) bag at a luggage shop in Portland OR. This is the first bag that has stood out as being exceptional. The reason is the thing is considerably lighter than any other bag I've ever had. It's well designed as far as carrying things and the wheels work great (rollerblade wheels). It appears well made (time will tell) and likely to last a long time.
I've been through a bunch of bags and this is the first one that has impressed me.
I looked, he's got a web site were you can buy one foer $139. At the shop in OR it was $99 with an airline discount.

The original poster asked where he could get some Luggage Works bags. I think that question has been answered.
I've had one for ten years now and it's still good. How many American workers does Strong Bags employ?

PNT luggage is not American made. It is American assembled.

Jesus you guys, I don't know why I post here it always turns into someone saying that they absolutely know for sure beyond any reasonable doubt that...until someone tells them otherwise that what they are saying isn't true still believe what they want to because they heard from a guy from a guy.

I've been to the factory where PNT puts their bags together. All, I repeat ALL of their material is imported from china. It's not a bad thing, because they do have US workers there, and make a decent bag. Many of us here at SWA, including the guy who makes the Strongbags, thinks that they charge too much, weigh a ton (international bag is 16 pounds empty), and don't agree with their $150 refurbishment program.

I think if you were to bash Strongbags, why don't you try to get a luggage company rolling with USA workers, and the factory, and the building, insurance, material, parts, etc, and see how far you get. I think that the Strongbags guy will eventually like to employ US workers, and I'm sure he will be successful when he does.

So, unless you want to pay over $300 for a bag that is manufactured 100% here in the good ole US of A, then don't buy from PNT, or Strongbags, or Travelpro, or eBags, or Samsonite, or American Tourister, or Costco, or Swiss Army,...get the picture?

To those people who think that PNT bags are 100% american made are WRONG! PNT is in the import business like every other luggage company in the US. Old pictures on their about us page should be removed because they are misleading. I've been to their factory, because I'd thought it would be cool, and he outright told me that they had to stop manufacturing in their factory - too expensive. (my first stop was the original Bass Pro Shop in Springfield)

Sorry to say it and I'm all with buying american made products whenever I can, but face it - when it comes to luggage, it will most likely be made/assembled in China.

I still stand by my man here at SWA...Strongbags Vortex bag is a good bag for $100 less than an equivalent PNT bag (stealth).

Last post here in this topic anyway for me...Don't believe everything you see gentlemen.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back