Luggage Suggestions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dooker

I'm about to start my first IOE rotation and was wondering what kind of carry-on those of you who've been doing this for a while would recommend.

In my previous life as a corporate pilot, this was never an issue, since I never had to airline anywhere.

Now, obviously, this is an issue.

I realize this isn't the most provocative thread, but oh well.

Thanks!

I got my stuff from the stopover store. A great deal of wonderful pilot supplies for proffessionals such as ourselves.

No-Brainer; buy the roll aboard from Costco. When it breaks, bring it back and get another. When that one breaks, bring it back and get another.

I could go on and on.

strongbags.com

I just bought a bag from strongbags.com

It is worth checking out. It is much better than Travel Pro and is lighter than PNS, with replaceable parts that can be mailed to your home and repaired at home as well with a screw driver.

I like the insulated tote. Wet or dry, it is made to fly!!!

Jeff

bags

I use Victronex(swiss army folks).

Pricey but good quality and they stand behind their product.

no metal frame.

Light

No-Brainer; buy the roll aboard from Costco. When it breaks, bring it back and get another. When that one breaks, bring it back and get another.

I could go on and on.

I knew SOMEONE would come up with this stupid idea. You're a professional, buy professional equipment.

Sure, Costco's price is cheaper in the SHORT term, but buy bags for 30 years and you're cost is huge.

AZT

I would debate the professional part, but that is a different thread entirely ;)

I personally have an older travel pro which has lasted over 7 years now, with and average of 210 days a year and 9 nights at a time. It works.

I have also had several friends use, and return Costco bags. I bought my wife one recently and it's great. For $99 I think it's unbeatable.

Latest resources

Back