• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Luggage question for you Frac Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Costco has a great bag for $89 that's better than anyTravelPro I ever had. It has a lifetime replacement policy and it's the best bag I've had in 40 years of flying. They replaced it free of charge when I broke the handle yanking it out of cockpit with my flight bag attached ( used to work for US Air and they had probable just announced they were stealing our retirement) . Costco gave me a new one even though I had no receipt.

NJA Capt said:
I started out at EJA with the Samsonite hardside. It is a great bag for short trips, but....it just does not have enough room for 6-7 days on the road. I switched to a Travel Pro 22" bag immediately and have been pleased ever since. I even have a T.P. Crew3 waiting when the current one wears out. They are good bags and have a great warantee.

22" is the largest size the airlines will accept (On paper anyway...).

I have been using a travel pro crew series for 5+ yrs now.... It is just starting to get haggard looking...

My next bag will probably be the Briggs and Riley 22"....

Nothing bigger then 22" so no one at the airlines can give you crap, would be my suggestion....

I would go with the Purdy neat bag. It lasts a long time, takes abuse, and it is fun to watch van drivers have a hernia lifting it.

RNObased said:
I have been using a travel pro crew series for 5+ yrs now.... It is just starting to get haggard looking...

My next bag will probably be the Briggs and Riley 22"....

Nothing bigger then 22" so no one at the airlines can give you crap, would be my suggestion....

I have the ole 26 incher. Never heard a word about it from the gate monkeys.

In uniform and out of uniform never a problem in 4 years.

They are more worried about how they are going to make the next mortgage payment or what to do about their missing pension than to worry abotu something as arbitrary as the size of a 26" bag as compared to a 22" bag.

ive got the PNT 22" bag and ive not had a problem so far packing for 7 days on the road or not being allowed to carry on. Yeah its a bit expensive and to some a little heavy but i know im not gonna have to buy a bag for a while .....after all id rather be spending my extra cash on other things like beer rather than a bag and if ur looking for a good price go to stopoverstore.com pretty good price

FLYLOW22 said:
I have the ole 26 incher. Never heard a word about it from the gate monkeys.

In uniform and out of uniform never a problem in 4 years.

They are more worried about how they are going to make the next mortgage payment or what to do about their missing pension than to worry abotu something as arbitrary as the size of a 26" bag as compared to a 22" bag.

True, I have only been hassled once and that was just after 9/11. However I just don't want to give them any chance to mess with me. I should get a 26" though, easier to pack. I have seen some people carry on bags the size of my first apt then looked shocked when it won't fit in the overhead that is a fun game.

The purdy neat luggage system is great for adding on! I have a 22" executive that is made out of ABS instead of metal. It's lighter with the same features and size as the metal frames. If you get the duffel bag that clips on to the outside ($39), you can put the same amount of stuff that you can put in the 26". It stows in the overheads much easier and I have never been denied by the gate agents. The nice thing about it is, you can leave it home when you don't need the extra space.

Latest resources

Back