• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lufthansa Airline Training Center ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can probably dig it up. I know pay was salaried (?)....about $2200 a month.

Are they hurting that bad for CFI'S???

I can probably dig it up. I know pay was salaried (?)....about $2200 a month.

Are they hurting that bad for CFI'S???

They have some rapid expansion planned and, yes, the CFI shortage is hitting them, as well.

Starting is now @$33K a year with rapid advancement not only possible, but likely. The pay until the JAA authorization comes through is a little lower, but it's still not bad....plus, you go to the UK for your JAA conversion on the company's nickel.

....and you get treated as an asset to the company...it's a nice change from a lot of places out there.

Conversion of what? Is it just an instructor permit, or do you go through the whole 14 JAA exams and get a frozen ATP or CPL?
Oxford would not find any US instructors willing to work there if each was required to write the JAA exams.

Conversion was the wrong word...it's used loosely to describe the process of going through the required flight and ground training that leads to a limited authorization to instruct students under CAA rules.

Otherwise, Oxford would be producing competition for their own graduates. Since placement assistance with an airline is part is their program, that and the above reason combined with the considerable initial investment a conversion would require prohibits them passing out CPLs or ATPLs to their US instructors.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back