• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mattpilot

Finally! Graphical TFRs!!
Anybody know anything about this place?

It sounds like a decent place to work with good pay ... anything i should know or be aware of?

No multi time and a "beatings will continue until morale improves" way of doing business.

Go upstairs and apply at Oxford....good pay, great bosses, and multi time if you stick it out a bit.

I used to work ther when they had Bonanzas and Barons. It USED to be a super, great job. Pay, benefits, work conditions, planes and students were unbeatable. Now...no thanks.
The problem is their new boss. He cut the pay, makes them punch in a timeclock like it's a factory, and oh, you get the idea. If you are a career CFI type with no desire to ever touch a twin, go ahead.
Look to ANA in Bakersfield CA. I hear that's a good place. There's a school in Tucson / Ryan, AZ that's also a career type job. Now if you just want to instruct a year or 2 and move on, Pan Am in Phoenix / Deer Valley is worth a look and really needs CFIs badly. Count on multi time there too.

Well i got a good job now that gives me plenty of multitime and has a great work environment. Problem is, $13 an hour ain't jack ********************. Especially if my current ratio of work for pay is 2.2 / 1.

So the other day i got a flyer in the mail advertising that lufthansa training center is hiring and starting pay is between $37-41k salary and up to $51k.

But i guess if lufthansa doens't have any twins it ain't worth working for.... hmm.

Keep in mind that the new way of thinking is to get you fired before you get to the high end. Also, starting pay used to be $45,000. See the trend?

Well i got a good job now that gives me plenty of multitime and has a great work environment. Problem is, $13 an hour ain't jack ********************. Especially if my current ratio of work for pay is 2.2 / 1.

So the other day i got a flyer in the mail advertising that lufthansa training center is hiring and starting pay is between $37-41k salary and up to $51k.

But i guess if lufthansa doens't have any twins it ain't worth working for.... hmm.

Seriously. You need to check out Oxford. I think they're running ads or have listings on AOPA.

I can honestly say that it's the best job I've ever had....they treat us very well.

PM me if you'd like more info.

PS...I just noticed the above post recommending some other schools.... Oxford currently employs CFIs that formerly worked at all of those places. In fact, one of them is becomming known as "pre-Oxford."

Last edited:
I've heard good things regarding Oxford too.

Hmmmm.....sitting on 40 now...and climbing!!!

Latest resources

Back