LR35 FO Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear SIC pay

Starting is around 28K per yr for 135 on-demand, with 32K to 40K subsequently depending the company's balance sheet.

When I first started flying Lears, company paid FO school then $150 a flight day, 3 day a week guarantee. Fly more than 3 days earn more. I was a flight instructor at the same time to help with the bills.
I fly in the left seat now and am earning about $50K
I dont think knowing what I do now I would have chosen aviation as a career. What other profession has to have medicals every six months, retraining and check rides what seems constantly is responsible for multi million dollar equipment, has to fly the top money earners in the world worth millions themselves and gets paid so little.
Who is earning the money in aviation??

Lear pay FO

OK.. .here's some scoop on the company I work for.. Pacific Jet, VNY

their FOs start at $36K with upgrade to $42k after probation (of course, depending on how you do... )

We are always looking... from what I've heard, we just added another LJ36 and LJ55 to our fleet... we already have almost 60 pilots in the company... and about 20 airplanes consisting of learjets and gulfstreams II, III, and a IV with another IV on the way...

the best way to get in is by referral and walkins... if you mail or email, your resume will get lost guaranteed...

PM me if you're interested, I need to move up and upgrade soon or I'll quit.. lol

Good luck

I saw an ad today for a Lear FO position that pays $18K.

What is the contact for this job? We should bury them in resumes then ask them if they're on drugs when they respond.

Quote: If you pay peanuts, you get a monkey!

Check Skyjobs.net and you will see the ad.

If you are curious as to how your salary stacks up against other professionals, heres a link to several surveys.

Salary Surveys

Lear Jet F/O pay

Dear Friend,

I have flown charter for 16 some odd years. I have always been a Learjet pilot.
I have experience in 20 and 30 series. I have been to just about every airport in our wonderful country that a Lear can go to.
One of my past times would be to converse with flight departments to see how they operate and what the pay is.

So there is no standards for Learjet F/O pay.
There is no single person, besides the person who hires you, that can tell you what your pay will be.

I know of a young man that would fly right seat for free. Yes! I know, that cheapens what we do. But there are pilots that will do that.

I know of a Learjet pilot that was just hired about 45 days ago and he is getting just under $75,000 a year for flying a 35.

Pay is dictated by the location of a company. If there was a Lear operator in Tumble Weed Kentucky, he would pay low. He would try to have his plane on a 135 certificate for tax benifiets. The crew would not have as many trips as say a company based in New York or LA. So the company tends to pay their pilots
lower than most. Also the cost of living in Tumbleweed Kentucky is lower than New York, LA or Chicago.

A good Corperation will pay very well and include 401k and Insurances.
They like to find a nice crew that will stay with the company. Corporate passengers like familiar faces in the cockpit unlike a low paying company that will have an infux of new crews. The low paid crew will leave as soon as they get some good
jet time and find a better paying job.

There are two kinds of charter firms. The 135 operators that operate on a string are slowing shutting doors and being run out of town by those big Fractional operators. Their were some nice 135 operators that paid well, offered 401K and insurance. They kept their Lears painted with new interiors and could be found
to be well maintained. But those operators are starting to be far and few in between.
You could expect to be paid about $30,000 for the right seat.

There are operators who pay by the day or by flight hours or both.

Right now due to 911, you will be lucky to find a job at all. If you find a corporate job you should thank God.

If you get job flying a right seat in a Lear under 135, thank God also. Then you can expect to be paid very low and work hard. You will see lots of MELs and asked to do things to help the company make money.

All I can say is good luck my friend and I hope you find a flying job that makes you content and enough pay so that you will be found healthy.

JumboCat3

;)

Wow! Who knew this thread would still be at the top of the list over a month later....Anyway, I passed on the Lear job and took a Falcon job in the same area. The job offered more flight time and an upgrade within a year. Plus, the Falcon weighs in at 28660 versus 18300 for the Lear. Passing the 20,000# marker was one of the key factors considering several companies are now looking for that. As for pay, I'll be making in the 30K range. Not the best, but better than a regional and a quicker upgrade into the left seat.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back