Lowering ALPA dues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TonyC said:
Your voice can only be heard if you speak up, and complaining on FlightInfo about it doesn't count. Put it to a vote!

:)

What? And all this timeI thought I was up to something!!

I was just talking to a captain about DW taking a paycut.

Funny how most ALPA members have been taking a paycuts since 2001, some in the range of 50% plus, and DW was not taken a dime of a cut. All the councils are cutting expenses and trying to keep costs down, due to less dues coming in.

Is it not time that DW take a cut too. With less money coming in, and NWA looking at another paycut, I do believe its time DW start suffering like his members, maybe then he might understand what is going on in this industry. The extra money from his paycheck could go to other worthy causes within the union.

Just my two cents.

Just checked my paycheck dated 9/30, and by no means do I think I'm bragging.

Gross Pay YTD: $75,000
ALPA Dues YTD: $1,361
Medicare Tax YTD: $1,093.

Hmmm.

Doesn't represent the 9% raise I didn't get last year and/or the 48% paycut since Jan. 1, or the displacement May 1.

Regionals pay enough since ALPA or any other union is doing less than nothing for them. Never have never will.

I dare ALPA to get rid of agency shop. They would cease to exist in a heartbeat.

Saabslime said:
I dare ALPA to get rid of agency shop. They would cease to exist in a heartbeat.
I dare you to educate yourself before you embarrass yourself anymore. Take it to your LEC, and bring it up for a vote.

FedEx ALPA is not agency shop.

Hey butt-hole, my point was if agency shop weren't the norm I think membership would drop to the point where it would be financially impossible for ALPA to exist in the form it is today. Certainly not to the point where Worthless and his cronies could take home the exorbitant salaries they enjoy . And for what? So they can blow more smoke up our collective arses about how we need to stand together in these tough times and everything will end up just peachy. Well kumbaya, their lack of direction, leadership, and beating on the war drum has gotten us real far now hasn't it? You can keep the medical and legal services. For what I've paid into the system thus far I could have easily paid for those myself had I needed them. ALPA will never be a real union with any leverage until we get a national pay structure and seniority list in place. Until then all we are is a bunch of individual units using one central resource. If the cost of membership were really worth the supposed "benefits", there wouldn't be a need for agency shop. Nothing but legalized extortion in my book.:mad:

ALPA brought CAL back into the fold, no questions asked, because they needed to replace the revenue lost by the 9/11 furloughs.

They weren't exactly secretive about it.

FreightNazi said:
You regional guys bitch about ALPA favoring the majors. They favor them because they bring in more dues to ALPA. So if you want equal representation form ALPA you must bring in the same amount or more of dues that a majors pilot group brings in. And since the regionals are typically smaller in number of pilots and make less money than the majors, the regionals dues should be HIGHER than the majors to make up for the difference!
I have to agreee with you on your statement.

However- ALPA, as it should be, is a wieghted system. Most major carriers are listed as Group A carriers and given their OWN Executive Vice President to represent them (not only, but) at the Exec Council.

Smaller carriers are grouped into B/C carriers and then into sub groups having to share votes.

So yes, major pilots contribute more, but also get a louder voice (which they should)!!! So if you are a regional pilot, please do not complain. Go check and see what the OCF is.

Latest resources

Back