Lowered mins are here.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I expect to see crap like this....

American Eagle Airlines is excited to announce that we have adjusted our new hiring minimum. American Eagles hiring goals are to hire over 670 pilots in 2011, and foresee hiring to continue into 2012. Our new minimums are as follows:

• 500 Total time with 50 hours multi-engine
  • Successful completion of the hiring process
  • Successful completion of ATP's Regional Jet Standards Course (Paid for by American Eagle Airlines)
  • Two year signed commitment to fly for American Eagle Airlines
Pilots who currently have 800 total time and 100 hours multi-engine time will not be subject to completing the RJ Course or the two year signed commitment. Pilots interested in working for American Eagle should ensure their application is updated and published via airlineapps. If you have an application on file with us, please send an email to [email protected]
Sincerely,
American Eagle Pilot Recruitment Team
thanks

there is something in there about advanced training that can be used to reduce the 1500 rules, I am not sure what this is. Any thoughts anyone?

Looking at the law I expect the requrements for credit toward the 1500 hr requirement to be the subject of intense lobbying effort. I suspect that American Eagle Airlines will keep stats on their current use of ATP's Regional Jet Standards Course, and lobby for that to be acceptable credit.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ216/pdf/PLAW-111publ216.pdf
124 STAT. 2368 PUBLIC LAW 111–216—AUG. 1, 2010
SEC. 217. AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT CERTIFICATION.
(d) CREDIT TOWARD FLIGHT HOURS.—The Administrator may
allow specific academic training courses, beyond those required
under subsection (b)(2), to be credited toward the total flight hours
required under subsection (c). The Administrator may allow such
credit based on a determination by the Administrator that allowing
a pilot to take specific academic training courses will enhance
safety more than requiring the pilot to fully comply with the flight
hours requirement.
(f) DEADLINE.—Not later than 36 months after the date of
enactment of this Act, the Administrator shall issue a final rule
under subsection (a).

The "normal" commercial mins are 250 hours. With various exceptions, you can qualify for the commercial with as little as about 188 hours. 188 is 75.2% of 250.

So, if we applied the same percentage of reduction to the current 1500/ATP mins, we come up with 1128 hours. I don't realistically see reducing the ATP mins below around 1000-1200 hours, at the max. And, the 1500 hour requirement could go UP. That is a possibility that most pilots don't think of. There ARE more, new requirements that will be added on to get an ATP license, as per the LAW that Congress has passed.

cliff
ANC

Cliff, I hope you are right.

Latest resources

Back