• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lower Mins @ ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm on the mighty ATR, finished IOE in January. I MIGHT have a relief line next month...

Exactly! Hopefully, some of these people wanting to upgrade at the first chance will realize the amount of time they will be sitting reserve in the left seat.

If things keep up the way they have it won't really be all that long to hold a line on the 50. Take at least 20 upgrades a month, that is probably about 6 - 7 months of reserve until at least a relief line. A lot of the final lists have had more than 20 on them.

Oh... That is if you don't strike. If we do... All bets are off :)

I doubt there are plenty hence the move. It has to be costing them something on insurance to do this. I have to think that the higher than anticipated attrition across the regional board has them worried and this may in fact be an alternative to get new guys in the door.

I believe we're self-insured.

I'll second that notion. I was getting pretty close too, I'm guessing they are planning ahead (I know, it's a new concept to most in the grey castle).

It's going to be interesting. Did anyone else notice the clause in the companies proposal from 2 weeks ago about holding your seat when/if the SKYW list merges? It was in the email from Scott.

I thought for once the extra time I spent flying charter was going to pay off. There are plenty of us who didn't get hired on with 500 hours who would love a quicker upgrade even if it means sitting on reserve forever. They should have gone through all the people with the time before they changed the mins. I was actually getting really close but I am sure that will change.

Latest resources

Back