• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lower Mins @ ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought for once the extra time I spent flying charter was going to pay off. There are plenty of us who didn't get hired on with 500 hours who would love a quicker upgrade even if it means sitting on reserve forever. They should have gone through all the people with the time before they changed the mins. I was actually getting really close but I am sure that will change.

When I started with ASA at the end of '99 they had to give 1500 hrs. of credit towards the 3000 hr. upgrade requirement. I upgraded at 2000 total and 500 with the company. I passed my type 1 yr. and a day from my new hire date. This was however on the Brasila and a lot of folks avoided that thing like the plague. Times change, it's good to hear of movement over there now.

jstap1I thought for once the extra time I spent flying charter was going to pay off. There are plenty of us who didn't get hired on with 500 hours who would love a quicker upgrade even if it means sitting on reserve forever. They should have gone through all the people with the time before they changed the mins. I was actually getting really close but I am sure that will change.

I agree with jstap1. Why change standards for no reason? Is there one guy that has weight at the company with less then 3000 hrs? Are they planning on upgrading a lot of people? Or most likely are they trying to attract newhires with the dreams of a quick upgrade?

I agree with jstap1. Why change standards for no reason? Is there one guy that has weight at the company with less then 3000 hrs? Are they planning on upgrading a lot of people? Or most likely are they trying to attract newhires with the dreams of a quick upgrade?

I doubt there are plenty hence the move. It has to be costing them something on insurance to do this. I have to think that the higher than anticipated attrition across the regional board has them worried and this may in fact be an alternative to get new guys in the door.

Last edited:
I doubt there are plenty hence the move. It has to be costing them something on insurance to do this. I have to think that the higher than anticipated attrition across the regional board has them worried and this may in fact be an alternative to get new guys in the door.

I bet you we just switched to the same insurance company that SkyWest uses, as our mins for upgrade match theirs now.

Sadly, around here these days, some believe that sitting on reserve is the equivilant to a tour of duty.

Dick

Exactly! Hopefully, some of these people wanting to upgrade at the first chance will realize the amount of time they will be sitting reserve in the left seat.

Latest resources

Back