Low time pilot training AvCAreer.TV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

publisher

Wednesday at 2pm, AvCAreer.TV will be discussing low time pilot training programs and concepts with Mitch Mitchelson from TabExpress International . Call with your questions or email [email protected].

Publisher:

Posts such as yours are advertisements, and I believe you will find a request by Mark(Webmaster) to refrain from making such posts.

I, for one, come to this Board because it is free of this type of garbage. Your company already sends me one unwanted magazine every month (which I have asked them to stop sending to me) I sure don't need to see your posts pimping some web conference or job fair.

If people are truly interested in spending their hard-earned dollars with your company, fine, but the rest of us don't need the extra textural diarrhea. - it is truly disgusting to watch people like yourself attempt to cash in on the desperation of furloughed crewmembers.

While we're at it- why don't you identify yourself by name and clarify your affiliation with AEPS?

In publishers defense, the service is free. However if you do your homework, or ask questons on this board you will find most of the answers to your questions. I am not an AEPS member and I interviewed and was offered a class position with AirNet. The topics discussed and information revealed on avcareer were informative, but already known to me from discussion on this board.

Now, the adds Tab Express runs are another story and are completly misleading. The top of the add states "Men & Women WANTED to Supply US Airline Pilot Shortage." This add is in the Jan. 2002 issue of the Air Inc magazine.

I agree with Ty Webb. AEPS already spams my email about each new show (although I'm not sure how I ended up on the list), and if I'm really interested I can go to the avcareer website to find out what is coming up.

If you have an opinion about the show this is the place to talk about it, but if you want to advertise the show click on the advertiser inquiry link on the left side of the page.

Services

When we started AvCAreer.TV, I asked Mark about posting on these boards and he indicated that it was alright.

I agreed and have brought up Flightinfo.com on these shows so that others could find out about it. The shows have generated about 18,000 viewers so far and hopefully some have heard about these boards there.

While many of the questions one has can be answered on this board, the fact is that we have given you the opportunity to call and talk to these people. You did not have to be a member to do so.

When Ty sent me messages about my magazine. I brought up the points that he made on air. What he appears to be most upset about is that we had an article on Gulfstream in the magazine. It is a pft issue to him and not to me.

Before the shows, I check the boards for any appropriate questions. We want to ask what you want to know.

Frankly the people who appear should be indicative of the fact that we talk to and are a respected entitiy in this business.

As to email, we plead guilty. Unfortunately a good deal of it is automatic, plus the new shows have been marketed a good deal as they are new. I get on average 150 emails a day too.

Actually, what I am upset about is the activities of the industry that you are in, specifically the marketing, packaging and selling the whole "Come be a regional airline pilot!" thing, which serves to recruit hundreds of potential pilots with lures of high pay, snappy uniforms, and the "fast-track to an airline seat".

Most pilots who have been around this industry for a while have developed a jaded view of companies such as Air Inc, AEPS and some of the other companies that have made an industry out of packaging and selling employment information to eager newbies.

Those of us who have been around for a while also can see the negative effect on our industry caused in part by your efforts to create new customers for yourself. By touting expensive "accelerated" programs to "jumpstart your career", you blur the line between paying money and getting meaningful experience. At the extreme end of this equation are companies like Gulfstream, that instead of hiring competitively-qualified crewmembers, they actually rent out the F/O seat as block time.

As I said in my Private Message to you- I challenge you to create a more balanced, truly journalistic approach to the situation- for every smiling newbie in the right seat of a Gulfstream B1900, there is a qualified pilot without work.

Tout

First, we have not touted or promoted anything. We did do a story on Gulfstream. They do exist, they have a program, whether you like the way they do it, they are a legitimate company, and, hence a legitimate story.

Second, AEPS is the Aviation--not airline--- EPS. We sell no materials on how to become one at all. Air Inc is geared specifically to airline pilot careers, not us.

Lastly, I am not debating the merits or lack of merit of the fact some people elect to pay to build the time in this manner. In the PM, my point is that in either case, the F/O is going to have the same experience level because these jobs paid or not paid are traditional time builders that pay very little.

What I do resent is that you are condeming my magazine and company because we printed an article on a company you do not care for. Last year we printed about 3500 articles. We should have asked you how you felt about these companies first.

Re: Tout

Originally posted by publisher

"First, we have not touted or promoted anything. We did do a story on Gulfstream. They do exist, they have a program, whether you like the way they do it, they are a legitimate company, and, hence a legitimate story".

I see. . . How much advertising revenue has your company (including its parent company) received from Gulfstream? Do you think that it could have colored your "reporting" a little?

"Second, AEPS is the Aviation--not airline--- EPS. We sell no materials on how to become one at all. Air Inc is geared specifically to airline pilot careers, not us".

Oh, come on- that's just not being honest! You may not target the pre-Private crowd, but the rest of your statement is pure hogwash.

"Lastly, I am not debating the merits or lack of merit of the fact some people elect to pay to build the time in this manner. In the PM, my point is that in either case, the F/O is going to have the same experience level because these jobs paid or not paid are traditional time builders that pay very little".

What you refuse to see is how your one-sided coverage of companies like Gulfstream helps justify turning entry-level positions into further extensions of flight training programs. This clearly hurts the audience you profess to want to serve. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

"What I do resent is that you are condeming my magazine and company because we printed an article on a company you do not care for".

No, I condemn you and your magazine and company because of your effects on our Industry ("Come be a Pilot!") and because you have the gall to pose as a legitimate magazine when you basically exist to write glowing, breathless articles about your advertisers. Gulfstream is just the most blatant example.

"Last year we printed about 3500 articles. We should have asked you how you felt about these companies first."

Uh, sorry, but I don't have the time or the stomach to wade through any more of your drivel- I get enough of it on this board.

Thank you, Come Again!

Last edited:
ads

We may have received one ad from Gulfstream in the last year,,,,don't really remember. They were in there because they were a South Florida company and I was there when Cooper started the company. He would have been there ad or not.... I admire people who start something from scratch and take the risk.

Let me ask you this,,,, what company have you started, have you ever had to make a payroll, what have you accomplished or done that involved having employees or offering anyone jobs.

We feature a school every month,,, advertiser or not.

While you do not like it, I see more and more of these extensions of flight training. Whether it be a guaranteed interview, a job offer, or you pay to get the turbine hours. This is where it is going and we report it.

Hurt the profession, I could not possibly do the damage it manages to do to itself.

You just can't keep from putting your foot in your own mouth, can you?

I did start a business, in our very same industry. During the lean years in the early Nineties.

Rather than buy a job, I started my own charter company. I did meet a payroll, wrote my own business plan, operating plan and marketing plan. I know the difference between an Income Statement and a Balance Sheet.

The difference between me and Gulfstream is that I did it without climbing on the backs of my fellow pilots.

After three years, I decided that I really preferred to fly, and when the opportunity came around to get into a corporate jet, I took it.

You know, what is really striking to me is that, at the end of your last post, your true colors came through. The derision you feel for pilots really was apparent- I smell another failed pilot.

Don't look for any more responses for me- I have a trip starting tomorrow. You see, I have a flying job, which to me, is the best job, and I didn't buy it, take any short cuts, or have to work as a hack to get it.

Ciao.

Latest resources

Back