Low time pilot needs help in DFW!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to all the SMART:) people that made a reply to my post and thanks for some good advice on getting ahead in this game. Also to the losers:smash: (((You know who u are))) who tried to insulted me for what ever reason, You can kiss my A??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wt219200 said:
Was that all actual instrument time or are you logging all instrument flights as instrument. If you are I wouldn't tell anyone that.

I only log the time that I am in actual conditions when instructing. The same goes for approaches. Living in Ohio, it is easier to get actual time than in some other parts of the country. Plus, I always try to get my instument students up in actual when we can.

mjb00123 said:
Hey guys I looked high and low to find sometype of work but I understand with only 350hrs! Its hard to find something! Im willing to do whatever it takes to get some flight time! And no Im not willing to be a flight instructor..open to anyother ideas and anywhere in the US or overseas!!!!

heh heh. I love young new pilots. :laugh:
With the regionals flying jets nowadays and hiring no time youngsters, it's not suprising that this guy, along with many others I've seen, have developed this attitude. He knows that all he needs is just a few more hundred hours, then he'll be able to get hired into an rj somewhere.

I can remember when I was coming up, nearly everybody started as a flight instructor, then you would be lucky to get a job with a commuter in some beat up turboprop.
Flying a jet was somewhat of a reward that came after paying your dues for years and years until you were ready for the majors.

its a pa30 Twin Commanche..... available for any multi rated (instrument preferred) pilot in dfw....outside of dfw we can discuss.
send me an IM if you want

Midnight Flyer said:
heh heh. I love young new pilots. :laugh:
With the regionals flying jets nowadays and hiring no time youngsters, it's not suprising that this guy, along with many others I've seen, have developed this attitude. He knows that all he needs is just a few more hundred hours, then he'll be able to get hired into an rj somewhere.

I can remember when I was coming up, nearly everybody started as a flight instructor, then you would be lucky to get a job with a commuter in some beat up turboprop.
Flying a jet was somewhat of a reward that came after paying your dues for years and years until you were ready for the majors.

Oooh, careful there Midnight...don't want to anger our friend "mjb" there! You don't want to be branded as a "loser," do you?! Lol. :D

Midnight!!

Im not mad at ya! what you said is true and with that being said Im just trying to get in where I fit in!:pimp:

MJB

When the goal is flight time to build experience and credentials, you would be amazed at where you would "fit in." Granted the appeal of flight instruction may not be wonderful but if it is what it takes, then you have to do it. You can learn alot more from instructing than what you think. In this saturated market, beggers can't be choosers. JMHO!

I tried to steer clear of flight instructing for a long while but eventually you run out of money around 300 hours and have that epiphany that you really don't know that much and haven't experienced that much so you must. Unless you can kiss some REALLY good ass around the airport and ride around for free in many different kinds of planes, you're stuck with no other alternative than Gulfstream or similar. And we don't want that now do we?

Well, banners are a way if you can stomach it. Why don't you tow banners?

mcjohn said:
Well, banners are a way if you can stomach it. Why don't you tow banners?

Hey MC, what do you mean by stomach it? I've never towed banners, but it seems like a cool job to have for a beginning pilot. Is it not all what it's cracked up to be?

Thx

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back