• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Low time Pilot looking for a job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very true.....When I was there, we had alot of foreign guys with very low time pay for 300 hrs sic time in the 402. The sad thing was, those guys probably had a 737 job lined up when they got back to their country. Oh by the way, I never whored out to the VFR thing.

As others have said, Don't put yourself in a position to be taken advantage of. A lot of operations would think about throwing you in the right seat of a single or light twin and expect you to be greatful for the time and work for nothing, but you'd only be doing yourself a diservice. If you can find a company who will train you in an airplane that requires you to be there and compensate you for your service, by all means take it. Otherwise get the CFI.

Also, stay away from anymore sim programs that get you jet sim time. It won't do a thing for you. Spend the money getting your CFI/II and you'll gain a lot of experience and knowledge going that route.

TAB Express just sent my company a stack of resume`s from their graduates. Many have 250 to 300 hours! Their resume is filled with 20 hours sim time in this a/c, 30 sim in that a/c. And it doesn't really look good.

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately- I'm at a place right now where my biggest objective is to simply not have to pay to fly. If I don't get paid, but don't have to pay to at least get myself to 135 (IFR) minima and get on as a freight dog flying cancelled checks or rubber dogs*it out of Hong Kong I... I guess so be it.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back