Low time pilot for a pilot job...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
52560 said:
That company is self-insured so insurance requirments are a non issue. You are seeing that more and more now days.

Self insurance? Yikes! If I owned a company (or was an exec) I'd be scared of doing that unless the company had REALLY deep pockets (or no assets at all...).

FWIW, our Citation has a $100 million property damage/liability policy on it, plus additional coverage for casualties (I believe that is for $1 million per incident up to an additional $50 million).

I think we are carrying a million or less on our king air. A company owns the king air and thats the only asset. There is nothing else for them to go after. nothing.

The baron that went down in caldwell, killed a couple people and burned down a couple of apartment buildings only paid out 500k. There was nothing else for the lawyers to go after.

You will see more and more self insured until the pendulum swings the other way.

We all know it can be done. Problem is, should it be? Even in a Citation things can go ugly pretty fast if your green co-pilot is still trying to understand what just caused the uncommanded deployment of the TRs right after Vr.

@ 1200 hrs, I personally think you should be fine to go in an entry level Citation. It would be to you advantage to get some twin time or a real experienced Captain in the jet to learn from.

Latest resources

Back