Low time pilot for a pilot job...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dumblonde said:
So, as a female, do you think I have advantages???? ( I'm being serious, I always think being a female is a disadvantage) I currently have around 1200 hrs. but no multi time. (Lack of funds to get the multi rating)

Thanks for any input.

(PS forgive spelling errors trying to hurry)

Do you want preferential treatment? Would you want your family on an airplane who's pilots got hired because they were women or minorities, not because they were qualified?

pay your dues, get some experience, and you will be just fine.

blzr said:
Do you want preferential treatment? Would you want your family on an airplane who's pilots got hired because they were women or minorities, not because they were qualified?

pay your dues, get some experience, and you will be just fine.

Get some experience yes, but "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" either. Who the heck doesn't want preferential treatment? Like it or not, minorities and women have an advantage in this country. It's like internships that hire with low time...

There are a lot of bitter people out there that complain about people "not paying their dues". What the hell is that supposed to mean anyway? I can guarantee you that any of those pilots that crap like that had the opportunity to grab a "shortcut" they would have.

You alone know your level of experience and expertise. If you land a job as a result of being female, then by all means take it. Just understand that if you do, you should be able to complete the necessary tasks (the special treatment might land you the job, but you should be able to do it nonetheless), and there will probably always be some resentment out there from folks who think you didn't "pay your dues".

For the original poster: Instruct, fly skydivers, etc. You don't have enough time to do anything else. As stated earlier, you are pretty much uninsurable.

dumblonde said:
So, as a female, do you think I have advantages???? ( I'm being serious, I always think being a female is a disadvantage) I currently have around 1200 hrs. but no multi time. (Lack of funds to get the multi rating)

Thanks for any input.

(PS forgive spelling errors trying to hurry)

Try alpha flying/plane sense in MHT. PC-12 mins are 1,000TT.

There is a thread on them in Fracs. Good company from what I hear.

No No No I do not want special treatment. I thought the previous poster implied that women had advantages, that was why I asked. Yes I'm very aware of my limitations and can assure you all I'm most humble and always looking to improve.

Sorry if it sounded like I wanted special treatment. I want to be treated as an equal.

Thanks

Low Time Employment

pdub20s said:
anybody know of any jobs for low time pilots... 330TT and 130 multi..and please only inteligent responses...

Try the FBO's @ CRE or MYR,they have BANNER TOWING operations in SE-piston aircraft,some of it is taildragger type.

dumblonde said:
No No No I do not want special treatment. I thought the previous poster implied that women had advantages, that was why I asked. Yes I'm very aware of my limitations and can assure you all I'm most humble and always looking to improve.

Sorry if it sounded like I wanted special treatment. I want to be treated as an equal.

Thanks

I'll trade you my "equal treatment" for your special treatment.

With a screen name like dumblonde your really perpetuating the myth.

Good for you bring the other women down.

eeeeech

ps i don't care if its a joke or not. Believe it or not people judge people on first looks. You keeping that myth going is really helping out the women around you. Might as well put bigtitsnobrain as a screen name, it has the same derogatory theme.

There is a company on the field I fly out of that likes low time guys(300 - 600 hours) to fly on occasion - about once a week - as contract SICs. The Chief Pilot feels he is helping out young guys and if likes the guys and is impressed, they are offered employment, usually after a year of so. Most of the guys instruct full time for a living. The pay is fair, and especially good for that amount of time (around $300/day). That company is self-insured so insurance requirments are a non issue. You are seeing that more and more now days.

Latest resources

Back