• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Low pilot pay called 'dirty little secret'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like this will change anything. Soon as you tell the pax that the cost of their ticket will go up to pay for our raises, the room will go very quiet....

And that RAA pres. guy is a *ucking tool. he knows damm well that pay is directly related to performance and the amount of experience you get, but he's in management's pocket so what'd you expect.

You get what you pay for every time. Till the public realizes this, people will keep dying at the hands of 500 wonder hour pilots.

We've only been picketing with signs that say, "I make less than $21,000 a year" for about fifteen years. I also seem to remember quite a few full page ads in the USA Today that said about the same thing. Now they notice? Whatever.

Until you prove there is a relation to safety and pay nothing will change. And, nothing will change unless congress passes a pilot wage mandate just like a general minimum wage.

I don't buy it there are plenty of airlines that offer low prices and pay the pilot a good wage. JB, AT, Frontier...and SWA. It seems to be an issue with the airline that has the regionals flying for them that cannot get the prices low enough with their own people flying it at their wage level.

I don't buy it there are plenty of airlines that offer low prices and pay the pilot a good wage. JB, AT, Frontier...and SWA. It seems to be an issue with the airline that has the regionals flying for them that cannot get the prices low enough with their own people flying it at their wage level.

Exactly, the only way to make regionals more attractive then mainline is to pay their people low wages. As the regional prices go up, it becomes more unattractive to outsource, especially on a 50 seat airplane.

Well there are airlines out there that off low cost seats and pay their pilots well..(they could do better, but still well) It seems that the airlines contracting with the regional are the ones to blame since they cannot make money off the routes with their own pilots flying the equipment they have to go to the lowest bidder....so hopefully there is change out of this and it is saying goodbye to regioanls and leave the flying to the mainline aircraft.

We've only been picketing with signs that say, "I make less than $21,000 a year" for about fifteen years. I also seem to remember quite a few full page ads in the USA Today that said about the same thing. Now they notice? Whatever.

If people have been accepting those jobs for 15 years, why would anybody offer more money? Obviously the price for the labor is set at an appropriate level to attract the level of talent the company desires.

If $21,000 per year is too little, DO NOT TAKE THE JOB. That is how the wages increase.

What is the pay scale at Volaris ?

Seems "Air Travel Partners" need to be as much of a target as regionals and code share agreements, as the airlines seem to be using them to do their flying as well.

"
Volaris: Know Before You Go

We're thrilled to introduce Volaris as our newest air travel Partner. Volaris is Mexico's largest low-cost airline offering scheduled service to more than 20 cities throughout Mexico and select cities in the United States such as Los Angeles and Oakland. Volaris was founded in 2006 operates a modern fleet of Airbus 319 and A320 aircraft. We're excited about the many travel options that Volaris provides Southwest Airlines' Customers.

Volaris Policies

Southwest Airlines and Volaris currently do not have a codeshare or interline agreement. All tickets issued for Volaris flights are issued by Volaris, and Volaris's operating and Customer acceptance policies, procedures, and fees apply. Please ensure that you have carefully reviewed and fully understand Volaris's policies prior to booking travel.
Click the following links to review Volaris's Contract of Carriage and Volaris Baggage Policies. To provide feedback regarding your experience on a Volaris-operated flight, please contact Volaris at 1-866-988-3527 if you are in the United States or 01-800-122-8000 if you are in Mexico."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back