Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The rumor that JB doesn't pay for a/c

Jeff G said:
How many times have you heard that JetBlue doesn't pay for aircraft, for instance? It's everywhere. On the net, on the radio (I actually was challenged on clearance delivery once by another aircraft), in the terminal, from jumpseaters. It's difficult being a target of this kind of scorn. "Y'know, you're only making money because you don't pay for your planes." If I never hear that again, it'll be too soon.

I wondered about this myself, but it was very easy to pull up JB's 10Q and 10K (quarterly report and annual report) and it includes the exact amounts paid by JB for aircraft leases, and it looked comparable to what we pay for ours . . . a good deal, but they are definitely paying for them- tens of millions per quarter.

It's Not the size that matters, but how you use it? Whoever said this must have (or be with) a small one.

:D :D

I was referring to the small size of the airline, of course. What did you think I meant? :D

Why would anyone care if their airline is technically considered a "major" or not?

I simply want to have a rewarding job that pays enough to take care of my family, and will continue to be there for years to come. It looks to me like JetBlue fits that description.

My previous employer -- a "major" -- only filled two of those three criteria.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back