Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
check your info

Check your history.....

When Virgin came along, they were both inventive and low cost. Their coach class product was significantly less in price than BA at that time. While I have not checked lately, I have no reason to think that they are doing things differently today.

Their first class product was tremendous, check the price verus BA.

Meanwhile their service level has declined to where it is no better than Southwest or AirTran

That has to be one of the most idiodic statements I have ever read on this board.

Indapool said:
That has to be one of the most idiodic statements I have ever read on this board.

Go sit in coach in Delta, AirTran, Jet Blue, NWA and UAL, and you tell me what the difference is. Make sure to try the center row seats in the B757 and 767. Also, make sure to sample the RJ product, since they are covering more and more of the routes.

Then go look in the mirror and tell us who the idiot is.

Last edited:
I have to agree wit Ty. Go sit in a DAL B737, I'm 5-7, and my knees were bumping the seat in front of me, that airplane's seat pitch was the worst domestic seat pitch I've seen - even SWA is better pitchwise. At least I was in an aisle. I was jumpseating CVGORD trying like heck to get home one night and the flightdeck jumpseat in a 737 would've been more comfortable.

At least UAL has (had) the Premium Economy Zone - the front x rows in coach with the expanded legroom.

Plus, when it comes to service level, its all about perceptions to the self-loading freight. When they pay 250 bucks for a 30 minute flight on one of the "full-service" majors, they expect a certain service level - and on a 30 minute flight on a full-service major you wont get squat. On SWA, with their "mosh-pit" boarding, unassigned seating, somewhat lower fares, their perceived service expectation is lower, and when someone flies them, and gets whether its the snack box, cookies, peanuts, or whatever, even on a 30 minute flight, they are perceived to have met their service expectation.

Service Level

I would prefer jetBlue to any carrier mentioned to travel on.

For years and years I was a dedicated Delta customer (100k a year). Other than assigned seating, as far as I am concerned, everything but jetblue has become pretty much the same. Frankly, I have not found SWA non assigned seating to be much of a problem.

hehe..
Apparently too much cough syrup today..disregard

Last edited:
Home suffering from a cold myself. If this medicine doesn't work soon, I may be forced to treat this thing with scotch . . . .

Last edited:
I have been at AIRTRAN almost 2 years. I really like it and enjoy flying the B-717. Having spent 12 years at Piedmont flying the Dash-8, this is the best move for me. If you dont care for or dont want to work for LCC thats ok. Wait a few years for majors to hire. Ill be a Captain making 6 figures. As will other pilots who saw that AIRTRAN is a fine place to be. Im sure if you ask the over 750 pilots at AIRTRAN, we have a nice contract with good work rules and a company making money and taking 717s each month!! I think Ill stay!!!

"Airlines like People Express are the future of aviation."
-- Wall Street experts ca: 1983

"Airlines like Valujet are the darlings of Wall Street. In a few years all major airlines will have to adjust."
-- Wall Street experts ca: 1995

"In a few years there will only be three major airlines. The marketplace will see massive consolidation."
-- Wall Street experts ca: 1998

This is the most unpredictable of industries. To suggest that network carriers are obsolete is truly reckless.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back