• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looming Pilot Shortage Lowering the Bar???--Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you own a house, I highly recommend selling and renting for the next few years. It will save you a lot of money because housing prices have quite a way to fall. Shiller's calling for a 30% drop in housing prices; I think that he's being optimistic.

Day trading with real estate... not to mention the place you need to sleep!!

So did you sell and are you renting an apartment or a house?

Vote however you want, but wasn't it Democratic Pres Bill Clinton who PEB'ed APA back to work. American pilots went on strike for 4 minutes before Democratic Pres Clinton ORDERED the pilots back to work... Pro labor, huh!!!

Wrong.... urban myth.... crew room expert information. say it enough and it becomes fact. The APA wanted Clinton's interaction... Occam's Razor can school you...

We do not have friends in the White House. Presidents won't negotiate our future agreements. The only thing airline management fears is a pilot group that is not afraid to light the match and burn the place down for a fair contract. Until then, the raping and pillaging will continue.

Wrong again... When Clinton was in office ALPA had a direct phone line to the WH. That is priceless to be able to call someone up....

When The Beloved W. took office they got the biggest axe they could find and severed the communication lines!

Well BRO...

Think about yourself and your blue-collar job next time you leave a hanging chad and your repub. pals sue everybody to change the election.......

quote]

Dude, check you facts before you make a fool of yourself. It was Gore who sued to change the election...not the "evil repubs." The problem is naive guys like yourself who actually think politicians give one iota about us pilots. Clinton/Bush Sr, Bush, Pelosi, Reid, Lott...etc do/did not care about us pilots. Poiliticians care about three things: power, lining their pockets, and re-election. Who do you think has deeper pockets...management or individual pilot groups/ALPA? Who do you think the public is going to side with: perceived "rich" pilots or management who is "trying" to keep tickets affordable for them by holding back the greedy pilots? We are going to lose everytime until we "purchase" a powerful senator to slide some clause in an appropriation bill to alter the rules that allow us to strike. Until that day, Tilden, Arpee, Ayer and the rest will be sitting in the cigar room laughing their asses off at us and our futile un-unified front.

Bottom Line

It is simply a matter of perspective:

If you HAVE the experience, you are APPALLED at someone flying for peanuts...

If you NEED the experience, you are GLAD to fly for peanuts to get it...

And yes thare are a few Richy Rich types but that is not everyone.

These same guys/gals working for low pay now will be the same ones complaining about pay and work rules 20 years from now when they have "made it".

Perspective my friends. Not saying it is right but it IS reality...

Last edited:
This is a pilot board

These same guys/gals working for low pay now will be the same ones complaining about pay and work rules 20 years from now when they have "made it".

Stop dealing in reality this is a pilot board.

Wrong again... When Clinton was in office ALPA had a direct phone line to the WH. That is priceless to be able to call someone up....

Thats the funniest load I've heard in while, Yeeesireee them ALPA boys can call me anytime, HE HE!
Now where's that cigar?

Day trading with real estate... not to mention the place you need to sleep!!

So did you sell and are you renting an apartment or a house?

I'm renting a nice 2 bedroom condo, approximately 3 yrs old, in the Washington DC area. Rental prices have dropped 10-15% here in the last year. I expect that trend to continue in the DC area.
We'll be moving to San Antonio in the spring; the real estate market looks even uglier there. We'll be renting a house there.

The supply of existing houses for sale is rapidly approaching 12 months. Here's an interesting chart going back to '01. http://bp1.blogger.com/_pMscxxELHEg...o/s1600-h/ExistingHomeSalesMonthsSupply07.jpg

Here's the monthly NAR report: http://www.realtor.org/Research.nsf/files/EHSreport.pdf/$FILE/EHSreport.pdf

Decreasing sales, decreasing prices, increasing inventory. Not exactly a bullish combination. There is a price point where supply meets demand, but we're nowhere near that point.

That's why it's up to those WITH experience to protect their scope and not put young pilots in these positions. It's not fair-= they're fighting for their hours and careers, haven't seen the games management plays-- I see a LOT of "experienced" pilots upset at a lot of young pilots-- but few who care to provide some leadership to them.... The job is out there b/c you allow it- and you don't want them to take it??? How does that make sense?

Scope releases are yet another reason to re-examine our seniority system.

ONE LIST at Majors

ONE LIST at "Regionals".... and clearly define who's who...

That's why it's up to those WITH experience to protect their scope and not put young pilots in these positions. It's not fair-= they're fighting for their hours and careers, haven't seen the games management plays-- I see a LOT of "experienced" pilots upset at a lot of young pilots-- but few who care to provide some leadership to them.... The job is out there b/c you allow it- the majors then require that experience to be competitive- and you don't want them to take the job??? How does that make sense?

Scope releases are yet another reason to re-examine our seniority system.

ONE LIST at Majors

ONE LIST at "Regionals".... and clearly define who's who...

Latest resources

Back