• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like the F9 deal died from SWAPA NC Tweet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why doesn't SWA just take out labor part and operate Frontier seperately? Then just shut them down like they did ATA and Muse Airlines when the time is right (or let them just wither on the vine)?

SO... let me get this straight... your union has a TA with Republic... and YOU don't know what they agreed to? Did I read that right?

The TA hasn't been released due to the general chaos, clusterfuquery, and WN negotiations still in progress. No sense telling your carsalesman what the lot down the street agreed to.

wanting to protect our pilots and disagreeing on what is 'fair and equitable' is not disdain, it is business.

Ensure that every benefit associated with being a larger airline flows south, every inherited captain seat flows south, and every risk flows north.

As an aside, whoever is doing the communications for SWAPA is starting to sound like Baghdad Bob. Last evening's communique didn't even make sense, besides ignoring some key details. Today's drivel is just as silly. FAPA's being pretty quiet for my taste, but at least they're not spouting high frequency low grade bull excrement.

"SO... let me get this straight... your union has a TA with Republic... and YOU don't know what they agreed to? Did I read that right?"

That's what I said. The TA is done, but the lawyers in NYC don't want it released until after the auction...SWA has no business knowing about the contents during this process...smart legal move...i went to law school, did you?

Kind of hard to compare the two offers then, isn't it? Even with your law school background.

In a way, that's what they will be doing base on initial plan...that could have changed over the past 48 hours. Many of us would be on the streets the day the deal became official 4-6 months down the road. Many more would during the 1-2 year time frame of obsorbing us. SWA is not growing, their... NEVER MIND...THE NEWS JUST ANNOUNCED REPUBLIC WON THE AUCTION...SEE YOU ON THE BATTLE GROUNDS SWA...prepare for some of your own furloughs....

In a way, that's what they will be doing base on initial plan...that could have changed over the past 48 hours. Many of us would be on the streets the day the deal became official 4-6 months down the road. Many more would during the 1-2 year time frame of obsorbing us. SWA is not growing, their... NEVER MIND...THE NEWS JUST ANNOUNCED REPUBLIC WON THE AUCTION...SEE YOU ON THE BATTLE GROUNDS SWA...prepare for some of your own furloughs....

Classy. I can't say that I will regret not having you on the SWAPA seniority list. Karma dude, better watch your back.

It's funny how law school taught you so much about business that you can forecast furloughs at a carrier you don't work for. So what happened? Couldn't you pass the bar exam?

Was this a case of the senior pricks running the union throwing the more junior guys under the bus (no pun intended)? Not familiar with this particular case but I have certainly seen it happen elsewhere...

Latest resources

Back