Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shearedshaft

Looks like the F9 deal has died: from SWAPA NC Tweet

The most recent twitter from our NC stated that the TA is in doubt, because it was contingent on agreeing to the F9 purchase.

For those of you who don't know, SWAPA wanted a section six completed before agreeing to the F9 deal, which would have required side letters or some agreement from the union.

Now it looks like they're putting off negotiations until late October.

If no section six, then no F9, putting off negotiations for two months is not good. So your guy's union president just made a monumental blunder.

Good luck with the RJs, I'm sure 50 seat pay scales will be climbing immensely.

Have you guys started a recall yet?

Last edited:
I'm sure all our guys with apps in over there will be really excited...wait...wut???

Yep,

We'll see what our future holds. What about yours? How much more can you grow? 537 aircraft, net loss of 10 in 2010, 5% reduction in 2009 and 2010. This is all public data. You guys are trying to convince us SWA is the best bet. Do you have any info on the TA FAPA just agreed to with Republic? I don't and I'm a member a FAPA. So many of you counted us out numerous times. You're losing in Denver and will continue to do so if you don't get F9. Perhaps some furloughs coming your way? I'll be on the street the moment you officially purchase us, if it even happens. Not saying what deal is best for us...i don't have the details and either do you guys. I have no issue with SWA and would welcome the oppurtunityto work for you, if the deal was right for us. Best of luck to us both...some of your pilots and employees will need it you dont get us. I look forward the challenge...however this turns out.

Good luck. I think we'll all need it, this industry being what it is. and I'll take my chances with organic SWA growth any day, just like it sounds like you prefer F9. so we're both happy.

It's making more sense....

Good luck. I think we'll all need it, this industry being what it is. and I'll take my chances with organic SWA growth any day, just like it sounds like you prefer F9. so we're both happy.

At first it is weird that the SWAPA pilots have so much disdain for the F9 pilots to fight for their interests, but now it makes more sense, this deal was a proposed avenue to complete a TA and payraise.... making more sense.

This "deal" has got much more to it than what SWAPA and your managment is putting forth...common sense. Don't forget, regardless of what our unions will or could have agreed to, there are many more players in ths game that could still shut the door on SWA. I'm just thankfull my airline job is not my sole source of income...wish that was the case for everyone. I'll be quite comfortable living in Denver and watching how this all plays out.

Do you have any info on the TA FAPA just agreed to with Republic? I don't and I'm a member a FAPA.

SO... let me get this straight... your union has a TA with Republic... and YOU don't know what they agreed to? Did I read that right?

Last edited:
At first it is weird that the SWAPA pilots have so much disdain for the F9 pilots to fight for their interests, but now it makes more sense, this deal was a proposed avenue to complete a TA and payraise.... making more sense.
I don't really get what you are saying.

disdain for F9 pilots is not an accurate representation of what I said or feel. wanting to protect our pilots and disagreeing on what is 'fair and equitable' is not disdain, it is business.

the TA leverage was just a side benefit but not the purpose of the agreement and it looks like it is gone, so be it.

"SO... let me get this straight... your union has a TA with Republic... and YOU don't know what they agreed to? Did I read that right?"

That's what I said. The TA is done, but the lawyers in NYC don't want it released until after the auction...SWA has no business knowing about the contents during this process...smart legal move...i went to law school, did you?

Latest resources

Back