• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like it might be over for VA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Naaaah! It's all good bro'. Sir Richard is in this game purely for sport. It's his idea of Vegas and he's got money to cover his ego. Truth is, they have a GREAT product. Puts many carriers to shame. Unfortunately, great product means nothing to investors unless the money is rolling into the portfolio.

Good luck to my friends over there.
So what your saying is, investors should invest but not expect to make any money. But its ok since VA has a good product.

OK, I'm confused. It should be readily apparent to the DOT if VA is in compliance with U.S. ownership laws. It sounds like they aren't, therefore they should be shutdown immediately until they are back in compliance. At that point, if they are able to find new U.S. financing, they are free to start flying again.

It certainly would appear that they have 100% foreign ownership at this point. If they can get away with this why couldn't a foreign company just buy any US airline, keep some Americans on the Board of Directors, and comply with US "control" provisions? Does this mean that it's OK for, say, the Chinese to come in and buy 100% of UAL or American if they leave the current BOD in place? This may be the test case for foreign ownership of US carriers.

This figures.

A few years ago we bought tickets on Aloha. Then the next year we bought tickets on ATA. Yesterday, I just bought tickets on VA for this summer vacation.

I have that curse. You better hope that I dont buy a ticket on your airline next.

That's nothing, I know a guy who retired from our airline and went to MaxJet. Then to Eos. Then to VA. Get the picture?

The way this economy is - why would anyone hope that somebody loses their job? I am surprised at some of these comments.

Remember - the fight is against management, not the employess! I am sure we all know at least someone who is at VA who was laid off from our current airline - why would you want them to get laid off!

Metrojet

Sad to see that people might lose their jobs. Just remember that nobody is immune to this crisis (except government employees). I fully expect to see furloughs in large numbers at the majors this year as well.

Latest resources

Back