• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like it might be over for VA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I have seen the poor raise up and make their own way.....some even become president.

We are the captains of our own ship...personal responsibility is becoming a rare commodity in this country.

...the rich we see on TV do not represent the majority of the wealth in this country. Just as the $hitbags we see on TV that kill 11 people in the south do not represent normal everyday people.

OK, so where I live the County contracts with some Laser Thingymabob that takes pictures of me if I wait for traffic to clear and end up in the intersection when the exactly 3.0 second yellow light turns to Red. I don't dare break that law because justice is terrible swift, although no one was harmed by my yielding to oncoming traffic.

But, blow off the rules about a several hundred million dollar investment and foreign ownership, throw a few thousand Americans out of work and eh' the government can't really get around to enforcing THAT law.

Anyone else think the executive branch of government has been asleep at the wheel since Ronnie was in the White House?

Just a quick question. Why is AS the only carrier to file this motion with DOT? It's not like VA is the direct competitor for AS in SEA for that matter...
True, the rest need to come to the table.

Frankly, if the Government is not going to enforce the law, maybe we should put tax receipts in escrow somewhere until they decide to do their job.

Fwiw...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Virgin-America-says-it-apf-14621383.html

http://cbs5.com/video/[email protected]

I am pretty sure that VA's position could not be any clearer.

Maybe the old saying about "tilting at windmills" amy apply here...

Skipper

Well, if VA says it, then it must be true!

"Should the U.S. investors decide they want out of the company, which they have not decided yet, then there would have to be replacement (U.S.) investors found to hold those shares," Cush said. "That's the law. That's very clear."

Fwiw...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Virgin-America-says-it-apf-14621383.html

http://cbs5.com/video/[email protected]

I am pretty sure that VA's position could not be any clearer.

Maybe the old saying about "tilting at windmills" amy apply here...

Skipper

Did you believe it when Diffenderffer, the CEO of Skybus, said he was leaving Skybus so that he could "write books?" What do they say about management and when their lips are moving?

VA's position is really this: Don't stop buying our tickets even though we've run into a little *ahem* bump in the road. He's getting out in front of the bad news so travel agents, companies, and travelers don't book away from VA.

And I don't think it's only Alaska wondering about the legality of VA's existence. I bet UA is taking a look, too. They're probably just not being as vocal about it.

I also loved the quote in the Yahoo! article that stated that fares are down 15% in the markets that Virgin enters. Just great. Because we all know airfares in this country are WAY too high.

Last edited:
Back when oil was 140+, all the airlines' CEO jointly wrote a letter to the congress, asking for some sort of relief. With the economy the way it is now, I could only imagine this VA debacle isn't on top of their list of things to do.

Corp HQ in one country, operating certificate issued by another, labor law and flight crews in yet another country.... that is the wave of the future...

The problem with globalization is the market is wide open, but there are minimal laws to keep it all together.

How is a pilot based in one country supposed to enforce labor law or civil air law against his company who is legal in another country, all while the operating certificate is issued by another country...

this is the end game..... foreign ownership is just the camels nose under the tent...

Rez,
what you are discribing here has absolutly nothing to do with foreign ownership.
The Operating Certificate is still in the US and the US labor law still ably.
So stop scaring people with empty speech.

how much do they need to raise -- i thought they paid out 177 million plus 8% interest--- they can find that chump change anywhere-- look at republic-- they just gave 40 mil to frontier.

and im sure the govmnt gives them adequate time to find the backers--- aka a foreign company funneling money to them ( the "us based" company) so they can "invest" it back into VA.

SKIPPY

Va is fine--

Latest resources

Back