• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks Like COMAIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess they will call this growth for Comair. Isn't that what you call it when you lose 8 planes and now you get 7 in return.

Dave

Judas Priest!! I leave for awhile and come back to find the correct spelling of lose!! What a proud moment in FI history. So proud. And then again two posts later!! I'm overcome with pride. Way to go you LOSERS!!!!!

W

they have only said 7 so far. Rumor is Maint has been told to expect 7 additional airframes from the factory.

Under the new Joint agreement scope language, if the additional 15 900's that Mesa and Pinnacle were scheduled to get are delivered there will be too many 76 seat aircraft in the DAL system. I would not put too much credibility on rumors of additional aircraft being delivered. Lets all hope the additional lift goes to mainline.

Well that was quick. Comair just lost those 7 CRJ 900s they gave us a couple of weeks ago.

Source? Details? Speculation?
TO:​
Comair Team

President John Selvaggio

RE:​
Fleet assignment changes
Earlier this month, I communicated that Delta Connection planned to assign an additional seven
CRJ-900s to Comair beginning in October. The fluctuations in our flight schedule continued this
week as Delta Connection revised our assignment and will no longer position these aircraft with
Comair.
This latest development is disappointing, especially because we moved so quickly to adjust our
operation to take advantage of this opportunity. This year, we’ve seen more uncertainty than any of
us would like regarding our fleet and schedule, and the most recent development impacts our plan
in the following manner:

•​
Fleet: Since January, we have anticipated our fleet declining by 14 aircraft by the end of the
year. Today’s news does not change that outlook, and eight CRJ-100/200 aircraft will be
returned to lessors when their agreements expire. The plan also calls for reduced utilization on
the remaining 50-seat planes.

•​
Staffing: As we communicated before the additional CRJ-900 assignment, we anticipate an
overage in our crew staffing. Pilots and flight attendants should stay tuned to EPIC in the
coming days for information regarding changes to the staffing outlook and the next steps in our
process. We also continue to review administrative positions to ensure that we are appropriately
staffed to support the operation.
We should anticipate fluctuations in our flight schedule to continue as Delta adjusts its plans
according to fuel prices and associated economic factors. I remain committed to sharing significant
updates with you.
As I’ve acknowledged in previous communications, this year has been a rollercoaster. We must
look beyond this most recent valley to our next potential peak. I appreciate your flexibility,
resilience and your determination to deliver a quality product to our customer regardless of what’s

happening “behind the scenes.”

What's happening "behind the scenes" is utter incompetence on the behalf of management and scheduling that will cost 100 captains the left seat and 200 FO's their jobs, and many more displaced from their base or aircraft of choice.

Nice going.

What's happening "behind the scenes" is utter incompetence on the behalf of management and scheduling that will cost 100 captains the left seat and 200 FO's their jobs, and many more displaced from their base or aircraft of choice.

Nice going.
I can see it now, the other day when the scheduling failed. soaper gets a call from DL "so dave whats the problem, I don't know, want some head" dave must have used too much teeth. For what its worth there is more to the story.

Latest resources

Back