Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like America West almost liquidated!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am definitely aware of reality and that reality is you befriend out of one side of you mouth and insult out of the other with your comments of when the music stops.....etc.

Another point of reality is we will have as a minimum $28,800 per year in retirement at age 60 even though we are furloughed, and if the law is changed $43,000 per year at age 65. Another reality check is all the profits are being generated on the east side. The east franchise did have a lot of value after all and no, the west did not save the east! If DP had not come along when he did another astute group of investors would have recognized the value as well and the east side would still be around today and the west side would still be trying to figure out how to managed their diminishing position in the industry.

Hey Bubba take it easy. I am not trying to begrudge you. I am only trying to help you. Please dont take it any other way. We all wish the best for our fellow aviators. The Retirement checks you speak of are great, and I will continue to negotiate for that type pay and better amongst all USAIR Pilots. Best of Luck Brother.

I am definitely aware of reality and that reality is you befriend out of one side of you mouth and insult out of the other with your comments of when the music stops.....etc.

Another point of reality is we will have as a minimum $28,800 per year in retirement at age 60 even though we are furloughed, and if the law is changed $43,000 per year at age 65. Another reality check is all the profits are being generated on the east side. The east franchise did have a lot of value after all and no, the west did not save the east! If DP had not come along when he did another astute group of investors would have recognized the value as well and the east side would still be around today and the west side would still be trying to figure out how to managed their diminishing position in the industry.

The profits being "generated" from the east side are being created by a "management team" from the west side,something you guys never had since the USAir-Piedmont merger in the late 80's.You very conviently,for the sake of your argument, leave that out of your discussion. Regarding your 28 grand pension check...don't spend it all in one place. A friend of mine who is in the same position as you feels that the PBGC check, like his Soc.Security check,won't be there for him to draw on once it's his turn to collect. Given the debt load being carried by both the PBGC and Social Security he could be right!! :(

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Go Easy Phx FLYR, these guys have been through alot. Just like you and me they probably have mouths to feed. Lets try to help them the best we can and embrace them in the new company as we all make money together. OK,,,,I know everyone thinks were too laid back in the West but the bottom line at the end of the day is that we are all truly brothers. Notwithstanding that, I hope each of our newly found brothers appreciate what we have bestowd upon them. Otherwise it will make for a ROUGH ROAD which is exactly what were trying to prevent.

The profits being "generated" from the east side are being created by a "management team" from the west side,something you guys never had since the USAir-Piedmont merger in the late 80's.You very conviently,for the sake of your argument, leave that out of your discussion. Regarding your 28 grand pension check...don't spend it all in one place. A friend of mine who is in the same position as you feels that the PBGC check, like his Soc.Security check,won't be there for him to draw on once it's his turn to collect. Given the debt load being carried by both the PBGC and Social Security he could be right!! :(

PHXFLYR:cool:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Go Easy Phx FLYR, these guys have been through alot. Just like you and me they probably have mouths to feed. Lets try to help them the best we can and embrace them in the new company as we all make money together. OK,,,,I know everyone thinks were too laid back in the West but the bottom line at the end of the day is that we are all truly brothers. Notwithstanding that, I hope each of our newly found brothers appreciate what we have bestowd upon them. Otherwise it will make for a ROUGH ROAD which is exactly what were trying to prevent.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back