Looking to go from Airline to Corp.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
puddlejumper said:
Yes, congratulations on the recent type and best of luck on the charter thing! The FlightInfo crowd can be very humbling at times, but I gotta say, you're handling it well and came out with a certain amount of credibility intact.

I've often wondered how many pilots out there have fattened their logbooks with BE-200 SIC Turbine Time. Granted, if you were the sole manipulator of the controls, you could have legally logged PIC on 91 flights, but without being a REQUIRED crewmember, I would keep the fact that you have SIC time logged to yourself. You may want to consider adding a couple columns in your logbook, in case anyone interviewing or auditing you ever cares. "Part 61 PIC" (sole manipulator in aircraft you're rated in but not actually responsible for), "Non-required SIC" (Right seater as desired by operator or insurance company vs. Ops specs).

The industry is very much self-regulated and unless a lawsuit comes up due to an accident, the interviewers, investigators, insurers and audit companies rely on everyone knowing what's legal to log and what's not.

Oh, and so sorry for contributing to the thread creep! :rolleyes:

-PJ
PJ,

Actually I was told I could log it as SIC time by the pilot. He was a single, double and multi instructor, so I took his word on it. I'll research this further, not actually really knowing anything about the kingair, I always assumed you could log SIC time legally.

Good idea for the adding colums in my logbook, I may just do that, pretty good idea indeed.

puddlejumper said:
Yes, congratulations on the recent type and best of luck on the charter thing! The FlightInfo crowd can be very humbling at times, but I gotta say, you're handling it well and came out with a certain amount of credibility intact.

I've often wondered how many pilots out there have fattened their logbooks with BE-200 SIC Turbine Time. Granted, if you were the sole manipulator of the controls, you could have legally logged PIC on 91 flights, but without being a REQUIRED crewmember, I would keep the fact that you have SIC time logged to yourself. You may want to consider adding a couple columns in your logbook, in case anyone interviewing or auditing you ever cares. "Part 61 PIC" (sole manipulator in aircraft you're rated in but not actually responsible for), "Non-required SIC" (Right seater as desired by operator or insurance company vs. Ops specs).

The industry is very much self-regulated and unless a lawsuit comes up due to an accident, the interviewers, investigators, insurers and audit companies rely on everyone knowing what's legal to log and what's not.

Oh, and so sorry for contributing to the thread creep! :rolleyes:

-PJ
When I was flying Part 135 KingAir200's we too had sic's that logged sic time.
When the customer required two pilots then we had to give them two qualified pilots. The FAA made us get 135 sic checks and because they had the checks they could log sic time.
In this case the sic was a required crewmember according to the Feds and therefore he could log the time

Actually I was told I could log it as SIC time by the pilot. He was a single, double and multi instructor, so I took his word on it. I'll research this further, not actually really knowing anything about the kingair, I always assumed you could log SIC time legally.
Soooo, you logged the time as SIC because you were told to and you know nothing about the aircraft:rolleyes: How many hours of that 1500 are logged like this?? You could log them as dual given if you get a signature in there but otherwise I think you have some non-loggable hours in your logbook. Might want to fix that....

Mr. I.

XTW--I am in Northern NJ until tomorrow morning.

FracCapt--Some other crew gets to go to MCO Friday... Or I would buy.TC

Airline Pilot Seeks Westwind Job

Hey everyone! I just popped in on this thread to see what kind of good info I could get here regarding getting an airline-to-corporate conversion certificate.

My background includes FAR Part 91, 121 and 135 flying. I have also held three FAA check airman letters and run a successful virtual airline on the computer in my spare time.

I have a keen interest in flying something like a Westwind or a KingAir 200. Does anyone have any leads for me?

I think that one would find my credentials to be competitive, but more importantly, I have a good attitude with a level head and I generally play well with others. I will not fly anything for free, so please refer those jobs to others.

Much thanks amigos!

Duke

P.S. Good luck to you Milmil!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back