Looking for things to do in Anchorage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Humpy's For Grubbin Halibut

Humpy's has the best fish and chips I've ever had. Huge chunks of fresh Halibut in their beer batter. Go hungry.

F Street has great halibut chunks too.
Aleyska is a pretty good area but it's a little early. They also have some great heli skiing, same condition a little early yet.
You could lay down on the sidewalk as though you're passed out and see how long it takes for the guys in the yellow jackets to come and get you.
You have to have been there to understand that one.

F street halibut bites the best in town.

Try Sachs on G St for dinner - very good.

Humpys for beers and a general freak show.

Other than that you might as well suck on a shotgun. PANC sucks bad in the winter. 4 days is tolerable, much longer is like a prison sentence.

Alyeska has good skiing and the drive to Girdwood is pretty scenic. Downtown has several good places to eat. I like the Glacier Brewhouse - great food and good brew. I suggest the halibut and their IPA or Blonde Ale. For pizza give Moose's Tooth a try (its near the intersection of Old Seward and 36th).

Yesterday found a place called Peters Sushi Spot off of C St. east of the airport. Not overly expensive and very generous.

Snow City Cafe for breakfast, get the polar bear special. The place is cool, a little Seattle grungy, mostly good looking waitresses and great coffee.

Simon and Seafort's for dinner.

Thanks guys!

SCENIC?! Wait a second. Isn't it f'in dark all the time now? Better hit the bars bud.TC

Latest resources

Back