Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Getting a Rec Letter from someone you never flew with because you were Navy =
Priceless

SeaSlam, FlyBoeing, SkiFish....you all are being way too kind. BFL370: YGBSM. If it weren't for your apparent immaturity due to your age I'd roll in on you, smacktard. If it isn't ignorance coupled with immaturity then I pity you. If it is, recognize and shut your cake hole.

FlyBoeingJets said:
Serving out long commitments and deployments = wet behind the ear civi only folks getting on at the majors in the late '90s years ahead of military pilots and bragging about it

That my friend is not a true statement (I'm not talking about the regional's, just the major's). I have several friends who came to NW from 95 to 99 that were strictly civilian. Most had 5000 to 6000 Hrs of turbo-jet time flying freight. That was the minimum to be competitive. 3000 to 4000 of that was PIC turbo-jet. To call these guys "wet behind the ears" is a completely ignorant statement not based in fact. Military folks get out with 1500 Hrs and think they are superior. Yes the military training may be superior but seat time is seat time. Being in the air is what counts, not sitting at the briefing table discussing being in the air.

Don't get me wrong, military pilots are good at what they are trained to do, but it rubs me wrong when I read statements like yours. I don't think it is a big secret that military only guys have some teething problems when they transition to airline flying.

Military Pilots

Charterpuke and JT8D

"Sit on it and spin"!!!! If it there is one thing I can't stand it is jealous little pukes that have never "done it", telling those of us who have, that IT IS Easy!

The flight training was not free. It was paid for in blood! On the black rainy winter nights off Japan in the early 60's I would have paid $100 to anyone who would take my night, max weight catapult shot.... but there would be no takers. The engines and airframes you ciivies fly today were pioneered and tested by military pilots. If it was so da-n easy why didn't you serve?
In 1960-1962 my A-4 squadron lost 5 of 15 pilots. PM me if you want to verify the names and dates.
"Military pilots have trouble flying 121?" Give me a break!! The airline business was started and the book was written by military pilots. They have been the backbone of airline flying since inception AND have given it the reputation you all enjoy.

Oh jeez...here we go again, another "military vs. civilian" debate. Let me know when its done. :D

Cut the guy some slack, he's looking for former buds to help in get his dream job. If you are a Trans States pilot and wanting a job at JetBlue, wouldn't you try to locate ex-Waterskier's to help you out? <yawn>

-Neal

I got a PM from a fellow aviator who served with me in Japan. A couple more from some folks offering to help look for others on the property. For those who understand the need to start a thread like this - thanks for your support. For those who don't - it's a free country, you're certainly entitled to your opinion and comments.

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back