• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for new hire stats. @ SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The DHC-8 time was with Pennsylvania Airlines. There was a merger in 1992 with Suburban Airlines (they were also a USAir Express carrier hubbed in RDG (if memory serves) and the name Allegheny was taken to preserve it for USAir.

SL

spell check

Avoiding my boss...quote: "I don’t know weather to be depressed or happy they are hiring. RJones I am almost a high school drop with a BS, thank god for spell check. PSL where did you get the DSH-8 time?"

Spell check won't always help...whether you use it or not.:D

I get it now! LOL They also have this thing called "edit" next to the "quote" at the bottum. Uh oh @#$*ing spell check!

Last edited:
RJones said:

No college
High School Dropout (GED)

RJ, You are my hero. :) I mean that! I'd like to meet you someday (I'll get back to DAL for training, then to MDW someday from active duty AF reserves) and the Wild Turkey is on me.

Just goes to show you...the numbers on the application will only get you so far. Southwest hires the person. Good luck Mr. Avoiding!

Cheers!
HP

I appreciate that HPaul3, however, I would like to make it clear that I do not recommend doing it my way...it was the hard way. I should have finished High School and gone onto College, I would have been here at SWA much earlier building that seniority.

My advise to all is to finish school. Then, either fly in the military or come up the civilian route…either way is good. What it all boils down to is getting that seniority number at the earliest possible age.

How bout a Shiner Bock instead.

RJ

RJones said:
I'm pretty sure piper aircraft start with a "PA." But yes, it's a Cessna 140.

RJ:)

The Cherokee is the PA28-140. What's the difference? 20 years and 40 knots!

I had the pleasure of spending 28.5 hours in a Cessna 140 during Spring Break one year; we flew it from Southern IL (SIU!) to Key West and back.

After takeoff on the return flight , poking through Tampa's airspace in the early morning, the controller broke the silence by asking us what our final destination was. "Carbondale, IL, sir" was our response. After a long pause he said, "Might as well drive, don;t you think?".

Yeah, but the view was so much better.

HP,

You probably met RJ at the welcome aboard party our class threw for you guys. So when is Uncle Sam gonna let you come fly with us?

In the interest of minimizing thread creep-

2800 TT, all turbine
1500 jet PIC
31 years old when hired

T1

When hired:

Total time about 4500, all military turbine
PIC about 2200, most of it instructor time
36 years old

T1,

I wish I knew, brother! Probably spring of 2005. No weakening of the demand for strategic airlift, that's for sure. Right now I'm spending about 90% of my time away from home, but I have been getting back to see the wife and kids more than I expected.

I think we'll have orders in hand for another year (extending from Feb 04) very soon. I'll let you know when/if that happens.

Take care and keep in touch! I miss y'all and the company too.

Seeya!
HP :cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back