• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for Mentor Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL, wait a minute. This could be a legitimate post. After doing a post search I have discovered that this person does ask a lot of questions. He also starts his post with:

Hello, or Hey, before the paragraph.

What if this guy is for real?

"guide me on how to properly follow the FARs"

Do you have somebody to guide you on the rules of the road? i.e. Stop at a stop sign,don't go faster than the speed limit,etc. It's the same thing. Know the FARs and follow them.

"make good decisions under stress and in split second conditions."

I don't think this is something that you can really teach people. Your character,experience and overall personal makeup determine your ability to do this.

Hope

I hope he forgot to log out. If not, this is truly the gayest post I have ever seen. I think he may need to bring his own lube.

LOL, wait a minute. This could be a legitimate post. After doing a post search I have discovered that this person does ask a lot of questions. He also starts his post with:

Hello, or Hey, before the paragraph.

What if this guy is for real?

Yeah, I kinda think it is. maybe he's just looking for advice on how to be a good captain. Just a bad choice of words on how he asked.

Who knows.

Nothing wrong with asking for advice if you've never been "the man" before.

The "book" should be a guideline. I follow the letter of the law but there are always areas where your judgement will be needed. Don't know where you are but there is a good chance your FO was a captain somewhere at sometime so don't treat him/her like crap. They are required to sit beside you for a reason.

The best one liner I've been told - just remember you are making the decision for everyone sitting behind you so act accordinly.

Gup

Another great one liner- Always ask yourself: If something happened, would I have to explain myself? If the answer is "yes" or "maybe", you're probably making the wrong decision.

Oh yeah, and don't EVER forget what it's like to be an FO. Treat your FOs accordingly.

Last edited:
How to be a great Captain:

1. never ever buy a newspaper
2. practice being a cheap tipper
4. tell the FO that someday in the distant future they
will upgrade if they have what it takes
5. show naked pictures of your trophy wife

My first impression was that the poster doesn't have any contacts and wants to cut in line to the fast track for the big boys. Really comes off sounding like poor little boy who's looking for his daddy.

Sounds to me someone who is not ready to upgrade. If you dont know by now how to make decisions and FAR's then you dont deserve to be in the left seat!

How to be a great Captain:

1. never ever buy a newspaper
2. practice being a cheap tipper
4. tell the FO that someday in the distant future they
will upgrade if they have what it takes
5. show naked pictures of your trophy wife

An Excellent Captain will show pictures of the FO's wife.

AA;)

Latest resources

Back