• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for feedback on KMMU vs KTEB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I truthfyully don't see the issue here - would you WANT to take-off and go directly into "the line of storms approaching"? A ground stop in this case makes perfect sense to me, but the typical stops at TEB, MMU and the entire NY area are based on airlines getting favored treatment from controllers. If it's one biz jet into TEB or five airliners into EWR, guess who gets priority - hint, the segment of our industry that gives controllers rides!!!!

You should stick to being on the management side....clueless. Did you see the weather, did you know his route, aircraft capabilities, etc? Routes are limited out of ISP...only way to go is east to go west. Granted delays are not as bad as KTEB, but they can be quite lengthy. SWF is a better alternative, very rarely any delays, nice facilities, and drive is compoarable (minus much of the LI traffic).

You should stick to being on the management side....clueless. Did you see the weather, did you know his route, aircraft capabilities, etc? Routes are limited out of ISP...only way to go is east to go west. Granted delays are not as bad as KTEB, but they can be quite lengthy. SWF is a better alternative, very rarely any delays, nice facilities, and drive is compoarable (minus much of the LI traffic).

A thousand pardons - CAPTAIN! I apologize for adding my two cents to the conversation; how could I know more in my 35+ years in the industry, after all, you've got a whole 5500 hours in the air!

My personal NYC airport preferences:
1. HPN
2. EWR

Then all the rest. SWF always last choice as too far away.

A thousand pardons - CAPTAIN! I apologize for adding my two cents to the conversation; how could I know more in my 35+ years in the industry, after all, you've got a whole 5500 hours in the air!

What is your point with me having 5500 hrs?? You must assume that I'm only a pilot...incorrect assumption. I know you work for ExcelAire (beautiful FBO btw), and your goal is to bring in business (I've read plenty of your posts to figure that out), but it's a false statement to say that ISP immune to the lengthy delays. How can you say that they are? For 35+ yrs, and being based at ISP, you should know this.

I would say from my experience at the 2 airports, you may be better off at TEB. I'm pretty sure MMU and TEB use the same departure gates, and if LANNA is shut down at TEB, it will also be shut down for MMU. Additionally, I've been told that for every 3 launches off of TEB, MMU may get 1.

The bottom line is, when it seems like the NY airport that you are at sucks at that particular time, they are all sucking at that same time.

You guys are dead-on! All departure/arrival fixes to & from NY metro area have in-trail restrictions depending on traffic, time of day, planet alignment, etc. You may experience a greater delay from MMU since traffic demand is greater at TEB. Yeah, it's supposed to be first come, first served, but you all know how that goes.

My personal NYC airport preferences:
1. HPN
2. EWR

Then all the rest. SWF always last choice as too far away.

EWR? EWR? Immediate random test Fido.

I love being number 26 for departure during a bank time. And they ALWAYS want to go during a bank time.

Latest resources

Back