Looking for Beech Skipper information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

schoolio

I've got a ferry flight gig this Friday moving a Beech Skipper a few hundred miles. I've never flown it, and therefore don't know too much about it.

I'm trying to see if anyone has any good information on it, such as V-speeds, fuel burn, etc. If anyone has any checklists or supporting information available that they can email to me, I'd really appreciate that as well. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks a lot.

Oh, man. Condolences, dude. Hope you have all of Friday blocked off.

I used to have a Skipper POH. I'll fire up the Way-back Machine and search for it. If I find it, I'll PM you.

I just discovered the ol twin bonanza yesterday....1955 C-50 I think?. What a beast with the loud straight pipes and the prop spins slower than the engine. I love retro stuff so this is my new dream plane for the week! You said beech so I had to tell. Sorry I can't help with the skipper.

Well now I know what one looks like:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0294521/L/

Last edited:
The T-bone!

<Still looking for the old Skipper book.>

Last edited:
mcjohn said:
Yep...the ol T-Bone. That was a beautiful bird. Let me see if I can find a good picture.

So what about the T-bone, did you fly one? Or saw it up close? That's my dream plane, for some odd reason. I love the sound those straight-pipe 480s make, almost like a V8. Everything is gigantic in size, looks like a bomber.
Post WWII technology at its best - where else can you go to burn 45gph/side while cruising at 180mph? :cool:

http://www.twinbonanza.com/

Yep that's a sweet ride. No, I didn't fly in it. I just preflighted with the owner. Caught my eye on the ramp so I had to go bug him. Guy was super nice and told me all about it. Sounded like a Harley or something when it started up. Great link, thanks.

Burn should be about 8.5/hour, i think i flew approaches at about 55-60 kias. Not a bad flying airplane, but it was really prone to fouling the plugs if you sit idling too long.

Latest resources

Back