• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for Beech Skipper information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I picked up this little contraption in Fullerton (KFUL). Once the overcast burned off, I was airborne, first stop Palm Springs. I filed for 9500 so I could get through the Banning Pass. At 68kts Vy and about 200fpm climb, I got to 9500 at the Banning Pass, an hour and a half later. :D

I decided to file 7500 for the trip to Phoenix, which worked out a little bit better. Still took me a while to get up there, but I made it. Cruised at 80kts indicated (best power), about 100kts GS. Made it in just over 4 hours total.

It would be a great trainer. Anything other than that, well, it sure could use a bigger engine.

Everyone that offered replies, thanks.

schoolio said:
It would be a great trainer. Anything other than that, well, it sure could use a bigger engine.

Nah -- it wasn't. Needed a bigger motor for that, too.

schoolio said:
So I picked up this little contraption in Fullerton (KFUL). Once the overcast burned off, I was airborne, first stop Palm Springs. I filed for 9500 so I could get through the Banning Pass. At 68kts Vy and about 200fpm climb, I got to 9500 at the Banning Pass, an hour and a half later. :D

I decided to file 7500 for the trip to Phoenix, which worked out a little bit better. Still took me a while to get up there, but I made it. Cruised at 80kts indicated (best power), about 100kts GS. Made it in just over 4 hours total.

Everyone that offered replies, thanks.

Heyas Schoolio,

Yeah, even though they look the same, the Skipper is a completely different ride than the Tomahawk.

Nu

Latest resources

Back