Looking for a good roller bag....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G200_PILOT

Hey folks. I must have clicked on at least 500 websites over the last week looking for a good roller bag. I currently have a 27" PNS bag that I love but it's just too damn heavy. When I look at the different sites, most of the bags weigh around 9 pounds. My metal framed PNS weighs over 15 pounds.

But now I'm running into a problem finding a bag that meets all of the things I'm looking for.

-Good wheels
-strong handle
-big enough to hold cloths for 7 days (a 22" roller isn't big enough)
-a good warranty
-light weight

So does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks!

PW,

Have you considered the ABS Plastic version of your PNS bag? I too am looking to get a new bag and will follow this thread.

Hope to see you on the road some day.

T

I looked at it but someone on the ASAP forum said they didn't have good luck with the plastic lasting too long. If I knew it was strong enough to last through our rough handlers, I'd get one without and hesitation. I'll keep looking into it.

You're on my no-fly list...:D

I have been using the 22" ABS version of the Purdy Neat since October 2003 and it has held up great. I have one crack in the top of the frame and a few of the skids on the back have been broken off. All in all I have been happy wiht it, but will probably get the good ol' aluminum framed bag when this one finally gives it up and go with 27".

I've been considering the 27"PNS for a while also. My main concearn is being denied to carry it on because of its size and the chance of having to pay extra if it's checked with all the airlines getting really strick on checked luggage weight limits. I believe some have already lowered the weight and increased the fee. I guess if you make it to the gate and then have to check it there would be now way to weight the bag and then force you to pay extra. I am hoping that strong bag company reads this thread and launches a 27" version soon. I am very interested in that product but I think it would be too small. Currently using the standard size rollerboard and during the winters its a pain getting 7 days worth of clothes in it.

Take a look at the Wenger (Swiss gear) 24". You can find it at target for a little over a 100.00. Its the best one Ive found so far. Or just check the Wenger line of roller bags, Ive been impressed so far with their products.

Last edited:
I am opting for this. Airline rampers treat bags like this anyway.

trash%20bag.jpg

i too have the regular metal framed PNS bag, the stealth, but just not as large as yours. it fits into all the overheads (except the barbie jet of course). Has a very strong handle and has lasted me many years. Why would you want something else? It's weight should not be an issue since it's got wheels. It's not like you're hoisting the bag over your shoulder or anything. I carry a weeks worth of cloths, a computer bag, and a flight kit all strapped on it and I can pull it with one finger.

Latest resources

Back