• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Look what ALPA says, MEC code-a-phone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"It is necessary to inform you..." You call that a retraction? That's laughable. If it was a retraction, it would have apologized for the misstatement, and recommended support for the TSA pilots and avoidance of employment at the alter ego GJ, It did not do that.

Find out what the UMEC has "demanded" of the PDT and PSA MEC's amd then tell me about "retractions".

The UMEC couldn't care less about what happens to TSA pilots, or PDT pilots or PSA pilots and neither does the administration of "the union". They will do whatever they think is in their own interest and that includes taking advantage of job opportunities at GJ and anywhere else they can, including if nevessary, disiplacing the PDT and PSA crews.

The gullibility of some regional pilots will never cease to amaze me.

surplus1 said:
"It is necessary to inform you..." You call that a retraction? That's laughable. If it was a retraction, it would have apologized for the misstatement, and recommended support for the TSA pilots and avoidance of employment at the alter ego GJ, It did not do that.

Find out what the UMEC has "demanded" of the PDT and PSA MEC's amd then tell me about "retractions".

The UMEC couldn't care less about what happens to TSA pilots, or PDT pilots or PSA pilots and neither does the administration of "the union". They will do whatever they think is in their own interest and that includes taking advantage of job opportunities at GJ and anywhere else they can, including if nevessary, disiplacing the PDT and PSA crews.

The gullibility of some regional pilots will never cease to amaze me.

So I guess your not sending any money???????

You must listen to the whole message to hear the apology:

Item 2. Yesterday's MEC Code-a-Phone included an item on available pilot positions at $0JETS It is necessary to inform you that $0JETS is an “alter ego” airline created by Trans States Airlines Holdings, which also operates Trans States Airlines (a US Airways affiliate and Jets for Jobs carrier). $0JETS was created to avoid union representation, with the intention of denying the ALPA pilots at Trans States the right to fly the 70-seat aircraft at $0JETS, and to dodge compliance with the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement between the Trans States pilots and their management. The Trans States pilots are still battling their management to obtain the $0JETS flying under their ALPA CBA. In addition to establishing an alter ego carrier, Trans States management has also engaged in a disturbing and reprehensible pattern of contract noncompliance and led a personal campaign against union representatives, wrongfully terminating two pilots and a flight attendant.

We apologize to the Trans States pilots for any harm that was caused by erroneously announcing the availability of pilot jobs at $0JETS . We strongly support the Trans States pilots and understand the threat that $0JETS represents to their careers. All pilots should know that the US Airways MEC does not condone accepting employment at *****

Last edited:
Many of you don't know......

Kagan and Hopkins are a Trans States ALPA Elected Officer and Committee Chiarman that were terminated for thier union effectiveness by TSA management. (hulas). Their terminiation is unjustified.

These guys have made personal sacrifices for thier pilot group. True Air Line Pilots. These guys are in the trenches fighting the good fight for all of us.

Hopkins is the son of the Author of Flying the Line.

Integrity, strength, courage, fearless, dedication, respect, sacrifice, professional.

Real Characteristics of Real Air Line Pilots.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Integrity, strength, courage, fearless, dedication, respect, sacrifice, professional.

In other words,all the characteristics missing from the average Flight Info webboard member:D

PHXFLYR:cool:

LearLove said:
So I guess your not sending any money???????

I'm slow and you lost me completely.

??????????

ALPA is the real joke here. How many pilots does USAir have on furlough? It numbers in the thousands. And yet they have the gall to say that they "do not condone" these pilots accepting employment with this particular company?

They did the same thing with Freedom Air!

You know what? When ALPA starts paying my mortgage they can tell me where to work. As long as no picket line is being crossed I think ALPA can stick their advice where the sun don't shine.

Why? Because they're hypocrites. They have no problem signing agreements to outsource an ARMADA of 50-100 seat airplanes while thousands of pilots are being furloughed. But god forbid the furloughees try and find employment FLYING one of these 50-100 seat replacement jets!

Sure. The TSA pilots have a point. Their management has created an alter-ego airline in order to whipsaw them into submission.

Yup! I agree 100%. At the same time, however, I believe that management's practice of putting 40,50,70,90+ seat "regional jets" at affiliate carriers is a whipsaw as well! And you know what? ALPA permitted it!! Duane Woerth signed the LOA!!!

I'm not an airline pilot anymore. And things like this make me darned glad.

Somewhere out there is a furloughee from US Airways, or United, or American (TWA) or Delta... He didn't want to accept jets4jobs because you said it was wrong.

He didn't want to accept employment at Republic because you said it's wrong.

He couldn't get hired by Southwest or Jetblue or FedEx because he was one of literally THOUSANDS who were trying to do so and were unsuccessful.

And now his UNION...the one who was supposed to protect HIS job but instead outsourced it has told him that they don't CONDONE him going out and getting the only flying job he could???

I'm raising the B.S. flag. I refuse to cross a picket line. Beyond that ALPA will not govern my career decisions. They lost the ability to make THOSE decisions when they signed on to the company's plan to park DC9s and buy regional-jets flown by pilots who didn't even work for my company...and for a fraction of the pay!!!

You want a whipsaw? Look around! Every Bombardier and Embraer you see is whipsaw.

These MDA guys may be losing their jobs AGAIN. Many of them, furloughed by the same company for a THIRD time. If I were them i'd mail my ALPA wings to Duane in a pretty box with a bow and tell him where to store it.

Ok. Flame away.

Flame away? Why bother? You seem to have it all figured out. And even if we did,you probably wouldn't bother listening anyway.

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHXFLR:

Show me one SHRED of Bender's post that isn't a bullseye!

Then if you can make a cogent reply, perhaps we will listen. All we hear from you and the others is how ALPA is the answer to all our ills.

Wake up before you end up outsourced. All after you pay years of ALPA dues and under their watchful eye.

Bender: Give me an AMEN!

A350

Latest resources

Back