Look what ALPA says, MEC code-a-phone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearLove

Read down under "job openings", now you know what we are dealing with in ref. to UsAir ALPA/MEC:

MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE​
November 1, 2005​
This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Tuesday, November 1st, with four new items.
Item 1. The MEC convened its special meeting today and received a report from the US Airways
members of the Joint Negotiating Committee. This was followed by a report from ALPA International
President, Captain Duane Woerth, on industry retirement and insurance issues. The MEC spent the
remainder of the day in closed session receiving further reports on the status of joint negotiations and
equity distribution issues.
The special MEC meeting recessed at 5:45 p.m. and will reconvene at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning in
Conference rooms 14 and 15 at the ALPA Herndon office, 535 Herndon Parkway, Herndon VA.​
Taxis
are the available transportation to the ALPA Herndon office. All US Airways pilots are encouraged to
attend the meeting, but please be advised that portions may be in closed session.
The
meeting notice and agenda are posted on the pilots only home page under "What's New."

Item 2.​
By mutual agreement between ALPA and US Airways management, MDA negotiations have
been deferred until after the arbitrator has issued his decision in the Wexford/Republic arbitration.
Recall that this decision is expected in mid-November. Once these talks have resumed, they will
continue until their completion.

Item 3.​
The Flight Security Committee is reminding all pilots that they must take their bags off of the
airplane for inspection when going through customs. Recently, crews on a through-flight from the
Caribbean to CLT have been leaving their bags on the plane instead of taking their bags through
customs. Please remember that if you are required to clear customs, so do your bags. If you do not bring
your bags through customs with you, you could be fined 5,000 dollars. Please contact your Flight
Security committee with any questions or concerns. Their contact information is available on the
Flight
Security Committee webpage
on the pilots only website.
Item 4. Pace Airlines, headquartered in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, is planning to hire pilots soon
for various domiciles. They are seeking pilots with experience on the B-737 and B-757. Also, Go Jets, a
commuter airline headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is planning to hire pilots. To learn more about
job requirements and how to apply, click on "
Job Openings" under the MEC Fast Links on the pilots
only website.

Please remember we now have 1,574 pilots on furlough with approximately 400 pilots currently working
at MDA or Jets For Jobs carriers.​

Your ALPA at work for you:

Also, GJs, a
commuter airline headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is planning to hire pilots. To learn more about
job requirements and how to apply, click on "Job Openings
" under the MEC Fast Links on the pilots
only website.

Unbelievable.

WOW......we stand up and get THIS in RETURN?!!! I am calling my rep right NOW

I replied on the regional board, and tried not to be hasty...fuc! it.
Time to boot alpa. NOW. TODAY.

redbook said:
I replied on the regional board, and tried not to be hasty...fuc! it.
Time to boot alpa. NOW. TODAY.

No, bad idea. The problem isn't ALPA, the problem is the local reps. You definitely need to boot the MEC members after this crap though. ALPA National has been engaged in a huge fight over HoJets, and now an MEC thinks it's alright to promote the same airline? It's ludicrous, and whoever decided to do it needs to go right now.

If I were a member of that MEC, I'd be studying the procedures for a recall vote, and I'd be volunteering my time to make it happen.

Either that, or I'd sit and whine on Flightinfo.com about how stupid ALPA is and blame them for all my ills.

PCL_128 said:
No, bad idea. The problem isn't ALPA, the problem is the local reps. You definitely need to boot the MEC members after this crap though. ALPA National has been engaged in a huge fight over HoJets, and now an MEC thinks it's alright to promote the same airline? It's ludicrous, and whoever decided to do it needs to go right now.

Explain why it would be the LOCAL reps and the TSA MEC that would be at fault again?!!

Since the post was from UsAirways Code-aPhone?........or are you saying the UsAirlines MEC is at fault?

Latest resources

Back