• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Look what ALPA is up to now............

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the meantime.. the service to ALPA officers and pilots by the staffers is lacking because of this consuming issue....

In the meantime.. the service to ALPA officers and pilots by the staffers is lacking because of this consuming issue....

I don't think so. The Unit 1 staffers have been incredibly professional and have not allowed this unfortunate event to affect their performance. Their dedication to the membership is commendable.

You obviously don't know us very well. I find these actions by the ALPA General Manager to be appalling, and I'm disappointed that Captain Prater hasn't done something to stop it. He's in a very difficult position, as it's really the General Manager's job to handle this, but the General Manager has botched it to such a degree that I believe Captain Prater needs to step in and correct the situation.

I support the Unit 1 staff.
So disapointed that you had to snuggle right up next to him in the ALPA picture?

So disapointed that you had to snuggle right up next to him in the ALPA picture?

If you look real close you can see a chubby!!!

I don't think so. The Unit 1 staffers have been incredibly professional and have not allowed this unfortunate event to affect their performance. Their dedication to the membership is commendable.

Don't you advocate them "working to rule"?

Don't you advocate them "working to rule"?

If that's what they want to do, then I would certainly support it. Hell, I've told many of them that they should have gone on strike. A few days of closed offices would have brought the General Manager to his senses and gotten a deal.

If that's what they want to do, then I would certainly support it. Hell, I've told many of them that they should have gone on strike. A few days of closed offices would have brought the General Manager to his senses and gotten a deal.

So why aren't they going on strike?

My MEC contributes gets back about 28-30 cents on the dollar. You tell me who is wasteful? I'm glad to see Airtran in ALPA, but the nature of the beast is that the LECs have very real contraints to what they are allowed to spend on. The National staff, however, is largely unencumbered with as many restrictions.

Frankly, I often proposed that we subcontract unit 1 stuff out to an Indian offshore operation. I did it strictly in irony, but it was very interesting watching how our union put the shoe on the other foot to negotiate with those employees. There was no shortage of irony in that process...
Bull, I do union work and the LEC's spend wild at all airlines, everything is always official union dutys, just so they can get a free lunch, dinner, you name it

Latest resources

Back