Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Look out for environmentalist wackos, England!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TrafficInSight said:
The measurements don't have any effect.

OK Smart a$$, tell me how the rising temperatures (small, approx 2 degrees over 150 years) over a blip of a period this small in the overall history of the earth could have any effect.

atrdriver said:
OK Smart a$$, tell me how the rising temperatures (small, approx 2 degrees over 150 years) over a blip of a period this small in the overall history of the earth could have any effect.

Well a 2 degree temperature rise means melting glaciers, higher sea levels, perhaps more tropical storms? I don't know... I'm not a meto... metero...meteor.... weatherguy.* ;)

I think 2 degrees in 150 years is a rather large jump when you consider that the last glacial advance peaked around 20,000 YEARS AGO. That's my personal opinion of course. I think we're doing much better environmentally now than we were 40 years ago... even the H2 is cleaner than the old pickup that was my first car. Sure we've only been recording temperatures for 150 years but for the first 100 of those years, and before, we were pumping all kinds of toxins into the environment with little understanding or concern for how they affect things. So yes, the planet we live on is very resilient... but that doesn't mean there's ZERO effect.

* - I know perfectly well how to spell meteoroligist thank you.** ;)

** - That's misspelled on purpose.***

*** - I'll shut up now.

Read Michael Crichton's newest book State of Fear although its fiction all the data and claims he makes in it are based on facts. Its been a while since I read it but I thought that it made a pretty good argument that global warming is all BS.

TrafficInSight said:
The measurements don't have any effect.

atrdriver said:

The temperature changes might affect the world, but the measurements don't have any effect. Not unless they used thermometers that released green house gasses during the measurements.

And I'll say it again, there is no way in he!! that we could destroy this planet. We may make it uninhabitable for humans, but there is no way we can destroy it. I was watching a show on TV showing a timeline of the earth, and the way they put it was that if the entire history of the earth filed up a 4 hour timeline, then human history would be about 1.5 seconds at the end of it. No one has ever considered that the earth may just be in a warming cycle. Just as it had cooling cycles that produced the glaciers. No one ever considers that the volcano in the Phillipines that blew a few years ago spewed more toxins into the atmosphere in 30 seconds than man has in his entire history.

atrdriver said:
And I'll say it again, there is no way in he!! that we could destroy this planet. We may make it uninhabitable for humans, but there is no way we can destroy it. I was watching a show on TV showing a timeline of the earth, and the way they put it was that if the entire history of the earth filed up a 4 hour timeline, then human history would be about 1.5 seconds at the end of it. No one has ever considered that the earth may just be in a warming cycle. Just as it had cooling cycles that produced the glaciers. No one ever considers that the volcano in the Phillipines that blew a few years ago spewed more toxins into the atmosphere in 30 seconds than man has in his entire history.

I fail to see what you're advocating. "We can't destroy the earth we can only make it uninhabitable?" Okay...

Latest resources

Back