Look! A plane takes off from a moving runway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fugawe said:
Oh my God! Please! Not this thread again.................................
:laugh: :beer: :nuts:

Airspeed is airspeed. Don't matter HOW you generate it. TC

I have actually done this. It was a long time ago with a J3 Cub and off a grass strip. Just enough gas to get it to the Rock River.

one thing is missing, the "runway" is moving in the direction of the aircraft, I believe that in the orginal thread, the "movable runway" moved in the oposite direction of aircraft travel. I could be wrong though......

The runway is not moving--period. The trailer--on which the floatplane is sitting--is moving along the runway, much in the same way that an aircraft with wheels would move along the runway on takeoff. If you believe the runway is moving here, then you shouldn't be in possession of a valid aviation medical certificate.

AeroBoy said:
The runway is not moving--period. The trailer--on which the floatplane is sitting--is moving along the runway, much in the same way that an aircraft with wheels would move along the runway on takeoff. If you believe the runway is moving here, then you shouldn't be in possession of a valid aviation medical certificate.

(psst... the thread title was in jest, references an infamously annoying thread some time ago :beer: ).

AeroBoy said:

"runway"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back