• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Longest Regional flight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The two longest we do at Compass are DTW-MTY (Monterrey, Mex) and MSP-YVR... I forget the mileage, but they're both like watching paint dry on a cool damp day.

fellas...it's not "ETOPS" that you're referring to. There is not an RJ on this planet that is approved for ETOPS. I believe the term you're searching for is the "EOW" exemption....Extended Over Water.

ETOPS is Extended range Twin engine Operating Performance Standards. A completely different animal.

We go 379nm off shore with our 190s and it's NOT an ETOPS rating...it's a variation of the "EOW".

Headfake,

Did you notice I said ETOPS for RJ's. Like baby ETOPS.

Don't get your panties in a wad.

If you came from ASA cut your old ASA brother some slack.

IT WAS A JOKE!

I know CRJ's don't have the true ETOPS.

701EV

Pinnacle used to do DTW-AUS daily as well as MSP-SAV on occassion... my butt still hurts.

edit: those were CRJ2 legs...each very close to 1000. absolutely rediculous.

MSP - ELP around 2005

those were long legs but the margaritas at Carlos and Mickeys, especially with the "Juan" and only were awesome........

Oh Metro you really want to start trouble!

701EV

At Comair we used to do JFK-AUS, and that was blocked at 4:30. Don't know the mileage. Would have to stop for fuel sometimes if the winds were strong.

Dave

Nothing to be proud of boys and girls...NOTHING!!!!!

I personally don't know any regional guy who likes sitting in that airplane for more than 2 hours, let alone 3-4 hour legs.
Regionals should only be flying props, with short legs.

But once upon a time, there were some mainline guys and a Union...sorry an ASSociation, who were too good for the regional jets. Now all their flying belongs to the regionals.

They F'ed up.

I personally don't know any regional guy who likes sitting in that airplane for more than 2 hours, let alone 3-4 hour legs.

I flew with a CA a few weeks ago on an EWR-NAS turn (7.5 hrs round trip) who bids day trips like that and like EWR to OKC/MCI/OMA/MSP/TUL/XNA/MEM/LIT because being in a cockpit for hours on end made him "feel more like a REAL airline pilot". He also called our E-145 a "jet for beginners". It's called little d!ck syndrome.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back