• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Longest Regional flight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fellas...it's not "ETOPS" that you're referring to. There is not an RJ on this planet that is approved for ETOPS. I believe the term you're searching for is the "EOW" exemption....Extended Over Water.

ETOPS is Extended range Twin engine Operating Performance Standards. A completely different animal.

We go 379nm off shore with our 190s and it's NOT an ETOPS rating...it's a variation of the "EOW".

xjt branded at one time did KAUS-KSAC in a " 50 seat RJ" at 1276.5 miles

Air Canada does Houston Bush to Calgary in a CRJ900... Over 4 hours in the air (not sure of the block but man my arse hurts just thinking of that)

I believe AC does that in a CR7 because I don't think they have any -900's... but I may be wrong, feel free to correct me someone.

SKYW used to do SLC-YYZ over 4 block and deadhead you back
SLC-BHM 3:40 block
There was even a one or two time SLC-ATL leg during the schedule change. It was over 4 hours.

I flew the E190 from LGB-IAD last winter. We only do it seasonally and usually during a transition between months. We also only do it non stop from west to east. Although not a regional, it shows the potential of the E190.

I believe AC does that in a CR7 because I don't think they have any -900's... but I may be wrong, feel free to correct me someone.

it's a CRJ705...a CRJ900 type certificated for only 75 or so seats to comply with (i think) air canada's scope. Skywest and Mesa have the potential to put 88 seats in their 900's while Jazz can't do any more than 75....

I'll take the XJ CRJ900 or CPZ 175 ANYDAY over a crappy center seat on the 757 or A320 at mainline !! I also regularly hear passengers comment on how much more comfortable the 900 is as opposed to most stuff at mainline. As for the 200, thats a different animal.

Plus distance and block time are different. I know at XJT the IAH-BOI flight was farther than EWR-OKC, but come wintertime the jetstream made that EWR-OKC flight take forever.

Latest resources

Back