Logging time question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW man,

Did you not read any of the stuff Avbug just posted?

It seems like you're just yanking his chain.

Come on guys, this isn't that hard.

What is the purpose of a log book? The purpose is to accurately portray your experience as a pilot.

The question is; does logging PIC when acting as an SIC serve to meet that purpose? The answer is no.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. The only advice I can give is to log what you are actually doing. If, you are acting as PIC (i.e. planning fuel loads, filing flight plans, making go/no-go decisions) and you are qualified, then log PIC. If any of those things aren't true, don't log it.

BTW...you can be the PIC and be in the right seat.

WOW man,

Did you not read any of the stuff Avbug just posted?

It seems like you're just yanking his chain.
Yes, and I responded to what he posted, I do not think that for our operation the guy in the right seat(I know that seat does not matter, but for us the guy flying always does it from the left seat) does not meet any of the criteria posted.

If you don't feel comfortable, for whatever reason, then don't log it as PIC, but the regs clearly allow it.

If you don't feel comfortable, for whatever reason, then don't log it as PIC, but the regs clearly allow it.
Where, maybe I am completely dense, but I can not find where they allow for it? Which sentence in there specifically allows for it?

Look at it another way: Which sentence specifically prohibits it?

I'm not talking about what a potential employer might think of this practice, just what the FARs allow.

Look at it another way: Which sentence specifically prohibits it?

I'm not talking about what a potential employer might think of this practice, just what the FARs allow.
There is nothing that says that you cant, but there is nothing that says that you can. If I were to log it as PIC I want to be able to point to the reg that specifically says that I am allowed to do so.

You are type rated in the airplane, and the sole manipulator of the controls. I'll assume is a real type rating, and not the SIC bs.

Well, good luck explaining that to a future hiring board. "Well, I'm type rated and was flying the airplane so that means that I'm PIC". I would laugh you right out of the room.

Latest resources

Back