• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logging Piaggio Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delphindriver's post was excellent. Sadly, I recognize a little bit of my self there. I will take his advice and work to improve my attitude, and try to raise my performance level as well. I truly like working here, so it's no real effort.

Speaking of full disclosure, I too have left Avantair, in order to allow someone to experience the joy of seeing his or her reflection in the side window when they look over to the left for advice.

We wish you well. Enjoy your retirement.

Speaking of full disclosure, I too have left Avantair, in order to allow someone to experience the joy of seeing his or her reflection in the side window when they look over to the left for advice.

We miss ya already! I notice that you did not name a successor to the CMO (Chief Morale Officer) position. :nuts:

We miss ya already! I notice that you did not name a successor to the CMO (Chief Morale Officer) position. :nuts:

Too many qualified candidates! Just couldn't make up my mind. Maybe you could hold an election.

On the other hand....maybe I just can't be replaced. :D

I asked this in another thread before seeing this one. If the plane is certified single pilot, then how can you log any SIC time?

How can the FAA change the certification of the plane based on the operator? I could follow you if you said a company can require an SIC. I have never heard of the FAA requiring an SIC in an Single pilot certified plane, unless the PIC's have licenses that state "SIC required" which is what I had when I flew 1900's many years ago. There are/were two types of type ratings at the time and all PIC's had the SIC required type.

How can the FAA change the certification of the plane based on the operator? I could follow you if you said a company can require an SIC. I have never heard of the FAA requiring an SIC in an Single pilot certified plane, unless the PIC's have licenses that state "SIC required" which is what I had when I flew 1900's many years ago. There are/were two types of type ratings at the time and all PIC's had the SIC required type.

An SIC can be required by either the certification of the *aircraft* or the *operation*... read 135.101 and 121.385(c).

Then move on to FAR 61.51(f)2

Last edited:

I never said anything about changing the certifiaction of the plane. Thats EXACTLY what i said, an operator.

If the ops specs say the operation needs a SIC....then you get an SIC.

Latest resources

Back