LOGGING HOURs QUESTION

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ftld81

Hey guys, can someone please shed some light on this. I am currently flying SIC in a cessna 402 and logging the hours PIC. I am checked out SIC in the 402. Am i logging these hours legal? I read somewhere that an SIC can be assigned to the flight if the 402's Autopilot is inop and your flying IFR.

What are your thoughts?

Hey guys, can someone please shed some light on this. I am currently flying SIC in a cessna 402 and logging the hours PIC. I am checked out SIC in the 402. Am i logging these hours legal? I read somewhere that an SIC can be assigned to the flight if the 402's Autopilot is inop and your flying IFR.

What are your thoughts?

If you only have a 135 SIC check in the 402 you can only log SIC during 135 ops. Part 91 you can log PIC only if the other guy isn't.

Airnet's SIC program, allows the pilots to log PIC when manipulating the controls.

Are the SICs at Airnet 135 PIC qualified (PIC type rated)? If you're not trained or checked out as a PIC in the aircraft, on 135 legs you cannot log PIC time.

They do...Read up on 61.55..

They aircraft or operations can require 2 pilots.
Their SIC program is a good way to build up your total time.

I just looked at 61.55, I didn't see any mention of an SIC acting as PIC. Maybe I missed it. I still don't see how someone that doesn't have a PIC check or meet the requirements under 135 can act as PIC.

Does Airnet give their SICs a PIC type in the aircraft? If they did, then what you are saying would make sense.

There's a difference between the assigned PIC and acting PIC....in my case...I do all the flying and the captains read the paper. I'm check out SIC but i'm doing the actual flying..therefore we can both log PIC..

The SIC's dont really log PIC time, they log the SIC and total time only..Airnet's intent is to get them to 1200 hrs TT asap.

From reading FAR 135.243 (c), you can't serve as PIC until you get to 1200 TT. On 135 legs, you would be able to log SIC. On the 91 legs, you would be able to get the PIC time.

Last edited:
I just looked at 61.55, I didn't see any mention of an SIC acting as PIC. Maybe I missed it. I still don't see how someone that doesn't have a PIC check or meet the requirements under 135 can act as PIC.

Does Airnet give their SICs a PIC type in the aircraft? If they did, then what you are saying would make sense.

It was in the first paragraph..

Latest resources

Back