• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logging flight time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the answers guys. Since I only update my logbook every few months, I'm not sure what to do about IMC though. It's kinda hard to remember...

§ 61.51 Pilot logbooks.

(g) Logging instrument time. (1) A person may log instrument time only for that flight time when the person operates the aircraft solely by reference to instruments under actual or simulated instrument flight conditions.
(2) An authorized instructor may log instrument time when conducting instrument flight instruction in actual instrument flight conditions.
(3) For the purposes of logging instrument time to meet the recent instrument experience requirements of §61.57(c) of this part, the following information must be recorded in the person's logbook—
(i) The location and type of each instrument approach accomplished; and
(ii) The name of the safety pilot, if required.
(4) A person can use time in a flight simulator, flight training device, or aviation training device for acquiring instrument aeronautical experience for a pilot certificate, rating, or instrument recency experience, provided an authorized instructor is present to observe that time and signs the person's logbook or training record to verify the time and the content of the training session.

How many pilots required to operate your 737?

" I'm not sure what to do about IMC though. '

Question:

How much time, in large transport category aircraft operations, is the aircraft controlled or maneuvered by outside visual references?

Unrelated Question:

Is an F/E able to log multi-engine time as a required crew member on a transport category multi-engine aircraft?

TOTALLY Unrelated Question:

Can you consider Per Diem as Income and/or part of a total compensation package?

Discuss.....And drive yourselves nuts.

:)

YKMKR

Last edited:
Shouldn't it be more like this:

- 1997 - B-727 - PIC - 642 - W2 - 164,383

- 2005 - B-737 - PIC - 718 - W2 - 119,277

or something to that effect?

or even add a line
- 1987 - COMPANY PROFIT - 800,000,000 - CEO BONUS - 100,000
- 2005 - COMPANY LOSS - 255,000,000 - CEO BONUS - 4,500,000 + stock options, company car, drive, house, county club membership and hush money to keep hookers quiet.

" I'm not sure what to do about IMC though. '

Question:

How much time, in large transport category aircraft operations, is the aircraft controlled or maneuvered by outside visual references?

Unrelated Question:

Is an F/E able to log multi-engine time as a required crew member on a transport category multi-engine aircraft?

TOTALLY Unrelated Question:

Can you consider Per Diem as Income and/or part of a total compensation package?

Discuss.....And drive yourselves nuts.

:)

YKMKR

I agree with my former brother, I do not spend alot of time looking outside to navigate anymore.

Latest resources

Back