• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logging flight time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I was saying was just to identify the loop holes in the logic of the letter. It seems the letter did not "satisfactorily answer your questions."

Logging PIC time when you are not typed is a different animal than the approaches.

Yes, I also realize that no matter how right you sound and how well you feel you can argue a point it is still the decision of someone else that counts.

How important is it that you log anything? As far as I know, a pilot only flying 121 doesn't "have" to log anything. You might want to keep a log for personal reasons, or more importantly if you ever need to apply for a job. Like the chairman said, what matters to a 121 pilot is whether or not he can defend his logbook at an interview. If you want to work for Atlas or Alaska, apparently you don't even need a logbook.

BINGO.

You should have SOME record of your time in the 121 environment. Some carriers provide this directly to you in many different ways.

Others can give you a yearly summary as requested.

It is generally accepted that, in the 121 environment, landings/approaches/ etc. are being tracked to ensure currency for both the operator and the pilot's of their aircrafts legality and benefit.

Do we really care about Night/Cross-Country/IMC / totals at this point in the Game?

If so...Please see " God Help Me I Have Issues " in some sort of publication in the "Self-Help" Department at Borders.

:)

YKMKR

Last edited:
Who effin cares? If you have been doing this for awhile....why are ya still tracking this $hit? If you are building time trying to get a job....GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Latest resources

Back