Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbook....must it be perfect for regionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
back in 1996 when ASA picked me up, the then Chief Pilot, Pat Y. didn't even crack my logbook open..... he just sat there and chewed the fat with me for 10 min telling me how I'll be a DAL pilot in 3 years if I work for ASA and I got the job offer 2 days later...

Supply = Demand

At that time they couldn't find enough pilots for their expansion..

Yea ASA will hire u with crap in your logbook but don't fail a check ride 10 years and 1200 hrs ago!!!! I have over 1500 tt with 140 multi and over 50 hrs king air f-90 time... I guess that's not good enough for them. Oh well I will just have to continue to make 2x what a 2 yr FO make flying ten days a month!!!!

I imagine checkride failures are a whole different thing, due to new legal liabilities since the Colgan crash, where Colgan had knowingly hired the captain with a whole slew of failures in his record. It just doesn't look good to the jurors in a passenger wrongful death suit if a company knowingly hires someone with a record of failures. Can you still have one or two failures in your record and still be hired? I don't know, but I guess the more desperate the regionals become for ATP qualified bodies to fill seats, the more risk they will be willing to take. If you still want to work here, try again when they're having trouble filling classes.

Yea ASA will hire u with crap in your logbook but don't fail a check ride 10 years and 1200 hrs ago!!!! I have over 1500 tt with 140 multi and over 50 hrs king air f-90 time... I guess that's not good enough for them. Oh well I will just have to continue to make 2x what a 2 yr FO make flying ten days a month!!!!

Did you get an interview? Something else may have been the issue

Nope, never applied. I was just told and then I lucked out flying corporate king air 10 days a month making $40k a year!!!

I think I'm better off right now anyway!!! Their loss as far I'm concerned!!!

UAL made a big deal out of my log book error during an interview in 1996. As a 10,000 hour pilot, I had under reported my hours. My bubble sheet had 26 hours less than my logbook totals, they really jumped on my inattention to detail. It was a math error a Navy Admin guy made while putting my hours in my paper Navy logbook 30 years before.

One of the best things ever happened to me was at age 53 was not being hired by UAL in 1996. I would have never made CA, taken a pay cut as a F/O and had my retirement ripped apart, then kicked to the curb at age 60. JUS has been a much better deal

I was told the same thing about how UAL and how they want the logbook to appear. There is a senior CA here at Pinnacle that went to an interview in 2000. The person who was interviewing him gave him such a hard time about his logbook that lead to a big argument to the point that the CA walked out of the interview.

Nope, never applied. I was just told and then I lucked out flying corporate king air 10 days a month making $40k a year!!!

I think I'm better off right now anyway!!! Their loss as far I'm concerned!!!

I agree. Take the corporate job for now, then see what the majors are doing in a couple years. I'm the only one I flew charter with that went to a regional. Everyone I flew charter/corporate with is at a major and I'm still here. The upside is they have been furloughed or at the bottom and I've flown and earned more over the last ten years. But I still would've rather been furloughed from a major than been abused at a regional.

PS. Failed check rides won't keep you from getting hired at any airline. It all depends on how you explain them and have you learned from them.

Maybe if more people gave a ********************, Colgan would still be around.

Well said. The whole "hide the substandard company beneath a Connection/Express/Eagle/etc. veneer" scam (and it is indeed a fraudulent scam on the unsuspecting public) does eventually fail when it things are rotten enough. Mother Nature always wins, and those who should die, do.

Latest resources

Back